Friday, October 17, 2014

As the Week Winds Down...

This has been a completely out-of-control week. Regular hours at work, but then 4 hours every day to sit for jury duty. Did I get picked? Nope. But it took them three days to get to that point. Long hours, long days, tired me. Didn't really work on any projects at home, but took advantage of those long hours at the court house. I finished this! Little House Needleworks ornament...

Then, I choose the fabric for my next quilt...

This will be a gift for a friend that is a breast cancer survivor. It will be a great surprise! She hinted that she would like a lap quilt, even said she would pay for it. I ignored her...it is more fun to plan a gift. LOL

DH is off on a camping trip. Always quiet when he's gone. It's just me and Dad and he doesn't say much. I will get some work done on my quilt, maybe stay up a little later tonight. He traveled to Angels Camp with the motorcycle group. Did a stop by my favorite LNS, Elegant Stitch. Kind of jealous, but he said he was bringing me home a surprise. I think that he really wanted to stop by and pick up a pie at the bakery next door, but saying he stopped for me releases him from all guilt. LOL

My brother is off hunting, so I'm the cowgirl on Sunday. Just a few places to feed, so maybe only an hour or two. I don't really mind, just too tired to think about it right now.

Off to finish chores, doggies to feed. If I stay focused, I may be able to start piecing my fence rail. Have a great weekend, be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment