Monday, April 20, 2015

Back To Reality...But I Had Fun!

Good evening, peeps and peepettes!  Back from my long weekend at a finishing retreat in Modesto. My not-so-local needlework store is Elegant Stitch in Modesto, California.  I love, love, love Lois and Annie.  Lois is one of the most talented people I know.  Annie's stitching is perfect and they both have a great eye for color.  Last year I went to the finishing weekend and had a great time. This year, I had even more fun!  I decided that I would try to be more social and met some wonderful ladies.  I invited myself to their table.  They were very gracious and said yes.  I did lunch and dinner (several times!) with the group and am very glad to have made some new friends.

Now, here are some pictures:

I finished this ornament as a box.  The box was painted and then waxed.  Cool technique!  This is a Little House Needlework design. The chenille is hand-dyed by Lois.  Gorgeous!  I picked up several different colors to use on other projects.


This is a punchneedle that I finished several months ago.  I painted and sealed the little crate, mounted the punchneedle, and added a cord.  I think I will put a little vine-type plant inside.  



This is a new project that I started, just because.  LOL  Stacy Nash, Cherry Hollow Farm Sampler. Aren't the colors beautiful?  It is the first time I've used stitched with just one thread instead of two.  I had to ask if it was supposed to look like it did!  I'm doing it on Week's Beige 36 count.  I like it! And of course, picked up another piece of this fabric, just because! 


I took this project to work on.  It would have helped if I had taken all the thread I needed, but at least I worked on it!  I finished the little brown house and the vine on the right.  Oh, and I found the missing  thread right where I left it...on the couch.  LOL


I will close by saying how wonderful it was to get away for a long weekend.  My DH was so sweet and took care of my Dad for four days.  I cannot tell him thank you enough.  I feel human again.  I slept eight hours a night, with no worry that I needed to be anywhere or to take care of anyone except myself.  I had almost forgot what it was like to NOT be a caregiver...

Off to get myself ready for bed.  It's back to work tomorrow.  It will be tough, but I know that I can do it!!

Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment