Saturday, May 2, 2015

Happy Saturday!

Good morning and happy Saturday!  I'm off on a girl's weekend with my sis.  I know I just got back from my finishing retreat, but we haven't done any traveling together for over seven years and DH said he would be fine with Dad for a couple of days.  I cannot begin to say how grateful I am to him for supporting me and "my time".  I have stayed on track with my exercise program and eating healthier.  I am feeling much better and as a side note, have lost 15 pounds since February!  I am still 20 pounds heavier than six years ago, but since my goal is to feel better, the loss is just frosting on the cake. LOL LOL LOL

So, update on the rancho...spent some time trying to clean up the back porch.  I've got a few pots of geraniums that made it through the winter.




I know they're a bit raggedy, but at least they're alive!  LOL

Here the promised picture of my "opposite" iris.  It is paler than it's neighbor, but still pretty.




Been getting in some stitching, too.  If you look very, very closely, you can see that all the windows are done!  I've added more red since I took this picture, but the light isn't very good this morning, so no new picture.





One of our gifts at the retreat was a beeswax pretty.  I've used a thread conditioner before, but never beeswax.  Since this was the first time I stitched with one thread, I decided to give it a try.  Yes, it does make a difference!  I don't seem to have as much tangling and knots.  There are two in the picture.  The large flower was our gift from the shop, the acorn was a gift from one of ladies at my table.  I thought it was so sweet of her to include me!  If you recall, I was homeless and made myself at home at their table. They were all very nice, inviting me to meals, making sure I felt welcome...



And my final picture...my last orchid blooms!  Surprise, green and purple.  LOL  At least it's not the same as my other two.  I should add write descriptions on the pots so I know what colors NOT to buy next time!  LOL  It isn't completely open, but just couldn't wait to share.


Okay, peeps and peepettes, I am off to start my adventure!  We are going to the Grand Canyon to do the train ride, so I know I will get lots of pictures to share.  Take care, be good to one another.




1 comment:

  1. I hope you have a safe, fabulous trip with your sister. I look forward to the pictures.

    ReplyDelete