Thursday, September 24, 2015

Updates and Puppy Love

Good afternoon from the rancho!

Little bit of this, little bit of that.  First, I've been keeping up on my stitching.  Not a lot, but I'm hanging in there.  I am pretty sure that I would not win a prize for the world's fastest stitcher.  LOL You will notice a few more letters.


I've mentioned before that my dog thinks that he is a big lap dog. One hundred pounds of big. His favorite part of the day is when chores are finished and I sit on the floor to spend some time with him. He can't wait to get as close as possible.  You will recognize my poor selfie skills.  LOL  It is hard to take pictures and stay out of licking distance at the same time.




My husband always says that I am my dog's favorite human.  It's a nice feeling to be that loved....

And for dear Vickie at A Stitcher's Story, here is the latest picture of my special irises.

I made it really big so you could see two things...on the right, you will see a tiny bit of new growth. YAY! On the left, you will see my new friend...a tree frog!  I promise that I didn't set this up, but tree frogs love moisture, and the only damp areas around my place are in my flower pots.  LOL  

Off to get started on dinner and get in one load of laundry.  I am a party animal.  Be kind to one another.

8 comments:

  1. Your dog looks a lot like my Murphy but she is about 75 pounds but also likes to lie on you. Dogs thrive on attention don't they. I always say dogs, like kids, know who likes them. I've never seen a tree frog before and would have guessed they were green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tree frogs here come in slightly different colors...ours are a little boring, but I love their little feet. Sometimes they hang on my windows to catch bugs. They are cuties!!

      Delete
  2. hahaha! Your dog is so sweet. :)
    Well isn't that interesting?! A frog drawn right to the grape irises. ;)
    Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked later this afternoon...no froggie. LOL But, I'm sure he'll be back! George is very sweet. I think that he is the most responsive dog I've ever had. He can gauge my mood as soon as my feet hit the floor.

      Delete
  3. Nice progress on your stitching and little steps also lead to one's goal. And besides this - who wants to be awarded to be the world's fastest stitcher ? LOL.

    ReplyDelete