Friday, November 6, 2015

I'm Happy, Happy, Happy...Did I Say Happy?

Thank goodness it's Friday....And, it is the beginning of my vacation.  Please excuse me while I step outside and do a wild happy dance!

My last "official" vacation was in June.  I counted (on my fingers, thank you) and that was five months ago. I am so ready for a few days off.  And what am I looking forward to?  Why, that would be sleep!  LOL Hubby wants to at least take one overnight trip.  Baby Sis said she would take care of Dad, so we are off tomorrow morning.  We have two choices....Alameda to shop at Needle in a Haystack, or to Angel's Camp (in the Sierras) to visit one of hubby's relatives.  Take a wild guess which way I am leaning...LOL  LOL  LOL  Of course, if we head to Angel's Camp, I do know of a few quilt shops on the way!

It's been a long week.  Work, work, and more work.  Hubby has been home for the past week, but it seems that he has forgotten how to run a vacuum cleaner.  LOL  He has done laundry, so I suppose that I shouldn't whine.

Last night, we did a quick trip out to do the Cow Patrol.  This is my sweet baby...if you look closely, you can see our brand, V/J.  Notice all the brown in the background? Welcome to drought stricken California.  This is why we are feeding hay four days a week.


And here my baby's momma!  LOL  My heifer is definitely a throw-back to her great, great grandcow.



When we first got to the lease, we only had three cows and three calves come to the feeder.  That means that you head on over the hills to find the missing cows.


We found them over in a little valley.  Gave a couple of cow calls and they headed over to the truck. Up the hill to the hay...Ah, the joy of dinner.





Sat for a few minutes watching the cows and then looked over my shoulder to find this sunset...beautiful...


Over at the rancho, the half inch of rain we got last week really perked up my roses.  On the left is Brandy, on the right is Sunset.  


Here is the lavender that I planted in a pot earlier in the summer.  It has really taken off.  Isn't that light green delicate looking?


And because I'm sure that everyone is wondering how my giant granny square is coming along...


Only ten more skeins to go.  LOL

I'm off and running for the evening.  A few things to pack and final instructions to Baby Sis.  She's sure that she can do this.  We've got back-up coming later Saturday, so she should be okay.  I will take lots of pictures to share...never know what I will find.  LOL

Have a great weekend and be kind to one another.

5 comments:

  1. Oh your roses are so pretty and they match the gorgeous sunset picture you shared.
    I hope you two have a great time away where ever you head. Don't worry. It is great that your sister is stepping up to take care of your Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Vickie...I didn't even notice that! LOL Yes, it will be nice for an overnight trip. The last time we spent the night away was May 2013! Baby Sis says she's ready. I will keep my cell phone charged. LOL

      Delete
  2. I can hear the excitement and joy in your voice. I'm so glad you are going to get away for what is a well deserved break, I am sure. Thanks for sharing photos from around your property; I love seeing the cows and sunset. Your roses are gorgeous; something I've never tried to grow, btw. Always heard they were too fussy. And isn't lavender beautiful. Daughter has some in her garden and it is a hardy perennial too. Anyway, have a great time; I will be thinking of you and envious of the quilt/stitching shopping. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Jocelyn. I am fond of roses...they are my dad's favorite flower. He always had roses growing at his house and was my back-up expert when it was time to prune. LOL This is the first time I've had lavender. I only picked it up because it was on the "drought resistant" table. It has done well, even in the pot. If I can keep it alive over the winter, I will put some in the ground next year.

    It was very nice to get away. I had to laugh, Baby Sis told me that it is "exhausting" to take care of Dad. It took her an hour and a half to change, clean, and feed him. We need to work on her time management. LOL

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you're getting a little time away! It's always nice to take a little break!
    The cows are so cute!! And love your beautiful flowers!

    ReplyDelete