Sunday, May 22, 2016

Happy Sunday and More of My Travels

Good morning and happy Sunday!

My son and I took a little road trip to Muscatine,  Iowa,  Pearl Button Capital of the world.  I know that is an odd place to search out, but it also sits right on the Mississippi River.  LOL You know how much I wanted to see that river. 

First, pictures of me and Baby Boy at the river. It was a perfect day, warm but not hot, a slight breeze.  Then to the museum.  Very interesting.  Lots of history in this town.

Then, off to The Little Red Hen.  I had checked out the website before we went, but had NO idea how much fabric and wool was really there.  After about an hour and half,  my son sort of lost interest,  but said he would stay as long as I wanted. I love that kid. LOL

Took Highway 22 up the river until La Clair.  I had to laugh...here we were...in Iowa, eating Mexican food,  overlooking the Mississippi River.  Just plain weird. LOL. Can you tell that he'd had enough of picture time? LOL

So we are off and running for the day. I  took a little trip to another quilt shop, but I will save those pictures until my next post.  LOL  I've also finished quite a bit of knitting,  so I'll add those pictures ,  too.

Be kind to one another. 

j

9 comments:

  1. Oh what fun! Your son is a saint! I love the one eye closed picture of him....too funny. Oh and that Mississippi River looks like that all the way down to at least KY (it's on our Western side of the state). It's a huge, fast moving, muddy river that always, always has a million barges floating across it day or night. So glad you are still getting your fiber fix in. Looking forward to more pics of your latest adventures. ((hugs)) to you sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a ball! We didn't see any barges, but I saw two ducks. LOL

      Delete
  2. Heavenly looking fabric store. I'd go crazy. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes. First I go one way around, then I the other way...I don't want miss a single bolt! LOL

      Delete
  3. Pearl button capital of the world? Who would have thought that? Learn something new everyday.

    Semmes, AL is the azalea capital of the world as we have quite a large amount of azalea nurseries.

    That looks an interesting museum! Lol Mexican food.....you live in CA and visit another state and go for Mexican!?! Oh, my....

    That quilt shop looks beautiful. You didn't max out a credit card in there, did you???

    As always, thanks for sharing your adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I saved up for five months for this trip...and I'm trying to spread it around. LOL

      Delete
  4. What interesting places to visit. Believe it or not, we have a Mississippi River and Lake here too, just nothing as big as yours. I think I would die (of happiness) if I got in a shop like that. Heaven help my credit card! This trip is just so wonderful, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am having such fun. Last night, we went for a walk at 9 pm, and saw fireflies! Iowa is so much different from California. Sigh. Today, we are going to the Amana Colonies. I heard there are fabric shops there, too. LOL

      Delete
  5. Oh my, such a gorgeous trip - a museum (I love museums, too), a fabric shop and a restaurant overlooking the Mississippi river, and all of this in some nice company - what do you want more for a perfect day :))

    ReplyDelete