Thursday, March 30, 2017

Middle of the Week Surprise...

Happy Thursday, peeps!!  I seem to have napped through last Saturday, a little fuzzy about what I did on Sunday, and POOF!, here it is Thursday morning.  LOL

I finished a project.  Please, no applause, really...well, maybe just a little. My little bird sampler is done. These buttons are a bit larger that in the original pattern, but I think they look okay.  Yes? No?


I am going to take it with me to my finishing retreat and make it into a drum.  Or not.  Who knows what I'm going to do.

The pattern is starting to show on my throw.  It is going to be nice and heavy.  It is slooooow going.  I thought it would go faster since I'm using a bulky yarn.  Nope.  Once again, I've misjudged the time necessary to complete a project.  Though I'm pretty sure that I'm not the only one to make that little mistake.  LOL.  I was going to do stripes, but now I'm leaning toward BIG blocks. The other two colors are cream and teal.  This is a deep black.  I'll see how this first skein goes.


My roses are so happy, they cannot contain themselves.  They keep growing and growing and growing.


My first rose.  Love this color!


I have a baby oak tree that is growing under some bushes in my yard.  It is on a growth spurt this year. These leaves look so tiny and perfect.


Okay, it's after 5 am, I am off to work.  Today is my Friday...tomorrow is a state holiday.  A three day weekend will be nice.  I've always got "stuff" to do.  Have a wonderful day, be kind to one another.


10 comments:

  1. Love the little birdie finish! The buttons look perfect. And so does your rose!! Lovely! Have a super, long weekend!♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Vickie! I got home at 3 pm, took a little nap (what a surprise!) and am ready to start my weekend. I am excited!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful rose. I have a green thumb but not with roses.
    Enjoy your three day weekend!!!
    Happy spring :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lauren. With this year's rain, all I did was prune...the rest is just nature! LOL The leaves are so green and shiny. I know I will have to do some watering soon, but I'm still happy that the bushes are looking healthy this year.

      Delete
  3. Yay! A cross stitch finish! It looks lovely. The buttons are cute.

    Wow! Your roses are taking over :)

    A state holiday?! Lucky!

    Good luck with your knitting project!!! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes they are! I lost quite a few to the drought, but the roses that made it seem to be tougher than ever. LOL I slept in until 7 am...a little bit of heaven. So nice.

      Delete
  4. I think the buttons look great. I love your bird stitching, so cute. I can't wait to see what you make it into. :) Ohhh roses, pink roses are always my favorite...purple are a close second. The blanket looks awesome. You are a brave soul to tackle a knitted blanket. I always crocheted mine because they just seem to roll off the crochet hook much quicker...but then again, your lovely knitted blanket will be super soft and yummy, can't say that about the crochet ones, they are bumpy and itchy...hey, it sounds like the first line of a joke. Bumpy, Itchy and Scratchy walked into a yarn shop one day...... Wishing you a most lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giggle...yes, Bumpy, Itchy and Scratchy. LOL I'm afraid that I have spoiled myself. I love, love, love merino wool, which is of course much more expensive than regular wool. Why? Because of Bumpy, Itchy and Scratchy! LOL Have a wonderful day, dear friend.

      Delete
  5. A lovely little finish, Angela. Now I'm wondering how you will finish-finish it. The buttons that you chose look great, I don't think they are too large or something.
    Nice new knitting.
    And oh, you have your first rose. And it has such a wonderful colour. My rose bush has just started getting tiny leaves, so I'm not thinking of rose buds yet, lol. Enjoy your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Everyday, I go out and there are more buds. I did have to water, but there is a rumor of rain on the way!

      Delete