Sunday, May 21, 2017

Flowers and Fish and Stitching

Good morning, peeps and peepettes!

It is a beautiful Sunday morning here in California, but there are rumors of hitting the 90's later in the afternoon.  I will be closing up the house soon to keep the cool in.

Here is an update on my flowers and my Bunny Ear Cactus. The amaryllis is over six years old.  My son gave it to me when he moved to the Bay Area.  I planted a friend for it.  It seemed lonely in that big pot all by itself.  LOL



My geraniums are in a good mood.



I cleaned out the fish tank last week.  All the water went on my flowers.  Could that be the reason for their happiness?  LOL

There is a population explosion in my tank.  Considering that I started with less than ten fish...the babies must be getting better at hiding.


I am working on a SAL with a friend.  One thread, over two, on linen, and a free pattern from Notforgotten Farm.  Lori is so sweet to share her talent...


My dad is continuing to decline.  Sigh.  Some days are good, some not so good.  We changed out his mattress last week, so had to put him in his wheelchair.  He can't sit up straight, he has become so contracted.  I took this chance to get his hair cut.  I promised my dad that he would never look like a bum, so it felt good to take care of this for him.  You do what you can do for those you love.

I am taking steps to a healthier me.  I try to walk on the treadmill four or five days a week, but I am a sugar addict.  The more I read about sugar and sugar-free sweeteners, the more I am sure that I have issues. LOL   I know that I will never be completely sugar FREE, but there are definite changes I can make.  I've had a headache now for three days...must be the detox!!  I know I can do this.  No one needs ice cream EVERY day do they?  LOL

Off to do my Sunday chores.  I hope that each of you have a wonderful week.  Be kind to one another.


13 comments:

  1. Your flowers are so lovely. You are right, we do things for the people we love, things that we might not of ever thought we'd have to do, but for love, we do them anyway. I always smile when I think of you sweet friend, because I know the path you walk, is with love. I bet your friend who is doing the SAL with you is working her little fingers to the bone....yep, I bet she's not on the computer at all, yep, I bet she's got that needle just a moving.....Ok, we both know I'd loose that bet....head held down in shame....I will get back on the wagon again I promise and stitch some more...truly I will....no, that is not my hand held behind my back with my fingers crossed...ok maybe. :) Wishing you a day filled with bright sunshine and much joy sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My flowers are so happy this year. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the rain. LOL As for my cough-cough unnamed SAL friend, I'm sure she'll get off the computer and get in some stitching...soon. Really soon. LOL

      Delete
  2. Oh such a nice garden you have growing. Your platys look happy! Your SAL is a sweet one. :D I hope you have a great week ahead my friend. P.S. I am a sugar addict also. BAD!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These fish are "too" happy, thank you very much! The only thing I can say is that my flowers really love fishy water. LOL

      The more I look at sugar addiction, the scarier it gets. I work in food service, I spent years doing nutritional analysis of meals, and I still grab that last half gallon of ice cream like the world is coming to an end. LOL I am stressed, tired, and grumpy. I think it's time that I took control...LOL

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful and the bunny cactus is cute! I don't envy you and your hot weather. Hopefully you have a few more weeks before summer hits you guys.

    Your father is lucky to have a caring family around him. I know he loves you even if he can't tell you.

    The headaches could be from lack of calories. I know I get them if I binge eat one day and then go back to diet food the next....sigh....

    Lol we probably shouldn't have ice cream everyday, but we can dream about it :)

    Have a great week!!

    P.S. That's quite a school of fish in your aquarium?! At least none of them are lonely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, believe me, there is no lack of calories in my diet. LOL And I wasn't kidding about having ice cream every day. Really.

      I know that Dad knows me, but it still hurts my soul. I really miss his smiles and laughs. Sigh.

      Nope, no lonely fish in my tank. LOL

      Delete
  4. Aren't geraniums just the sweetest and easiest flowers Angela. Of course all you flowers are doing so well and you have novel ones compared to mine here. Love that stitchery and I too appreciate the little free patterns some share so generously.
    Wow, seems like a lot of fish there!
    And your Dad is so lucky to be in your hands is all I can say.
    About the sugar, I don't know. It seems to be ups and downs. Some days I am in total control and others just not so much. Good luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my geraniums. And yes, they're very forgiving. LOL A little water, a little pinching back, and they are ready to bloom non-stop.

      I have always enjoyed "good" chocolate, but I seem to have lowered my standards a bit. Well, a lot actually. LOL I found myself buying a candy bar, yes a generic candy BAR, and eating the entire bar on the way home from work!! I have no control. Sigh. I can do this. Right?

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your dad. It is so hard...sigh.
    Good for you that you are trying to be healthier. After I retired I started exercising for the first time in decades (treadmill - UGH!) and have almost completely given up my diet Coke which I lived on. I want to stick around and enjoy this retirement!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I understand. I always tell my husband that I will live forever to get every penny back that I put into retirement! And now that I stitch, and quilt, and knit...well, I'll need to live forever and another 100 years. LOL

      Delete
  6. You have grown some great flowers in your garden. It' always such a joy to step out in the morning and make a tour around the garden in order to see everything again and again. I love doing that. And I even do it when the weather isn't nice :)
    Great stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning! Once in a while, early in the morning, I just sit outside and watch the hummingbirds flit here and there...it is my quiet time. When it rains here, it is usually cold. You'll find me inside under my blankie. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice article great post comment information thanks for sharing
    หนังไทยใหม่

    ReplyDelete