Sunday, June 4, 2017

I Could Go On and On and On....

Happy Sunday morning from the rancho!

First, let me say that I am on vacation, so this is just residual whining.  LOL  I only had a four day work week, but oh my goodness, trying to get stuff done was almost impossible.  It seemed like everyone needed a piece of my attention until there was none left.  I would come home and crash, just too tired to do anything.

The week started great.  Both hubby and I were off for Memorial Day, and I had a caretaker scheduled for Dad, so we went out to lunch on the coast.  We made a beeline to our favorite restaurant for fish and chips.  So yummy and the view is gorgeous.




Things started to go downhill after that...

My sweet George dog is not feeling well.  I noticed a few weeks ago that he was loosing weight.  Not a lot, but some.  Since he was over 90 pounds, it didn't show as much as it would on a small dog.  By last Friday, I was concerned.  He was slowing down, wasn't interested in anything, drinking too much water and spending a lot of time outside.  My first thought was diabetes. Took him to the vet, first thing they did was a "senior" blood panel.  George is only eight, but for a rottie, that's senior.  The vet reminded me that large dogs age faster than little dogs.  Yes, I know that, but really didn't need to hear that from her.  When the results came back, it shows that he's lost five pounds since last September, has hypothyroidism, and there are some weird numbers on his liver panel. So.....we are now on three medications and will have a checkup in a month.  After three days of medication, he seems a bit more interested in life, but he is still not 100%.  I don't even want to consider any option except for him getting healthy and being my George.

Every day at work was an adventure.  Lots of needy inmates and staff.  I guess they wanted to make sure they got in their full portion of complaints before I went on vacation.  By Friday afternoon, I was ready to escape.  The only reason I didn't make a run to the gate was because I work in a prison and running is frowned upon.  LOL

Yesterday, I was up and moving.  Decided that I would do laundry.  That's it, just laundry.  I have a week to do housework, so I pulled out my project and started to stitch.  I am loving this color.


I am further along...but this is a good picture and I didn't want to waste it.  LOL

Since I was taking a housework break, I decided that the least I should do is make dinner.  LOL  Beef Enchiladas. All of my Mexican friends make fun of me since I prepare them with flour tortillas, but I like them this way.  I call them Enchiladas Gringas.  Very tasty if I say so myself. LOL



I will be driving to LA on Tuesday with my hubby to pick up my stepson.  He seems pretty excited to be heading this way for the summer and hubby is always happy when he comes to visit.

But...next Friday, I am heading to Iowa to visit my son!  I had not made any plans to go, but after the third time he asked if I was coming to see him, I decided that either he has something important to tell me...or he really misses me!  Either way, hubby and I talked it over and he will hold down the fort while I go to visit.  I cannot tell you how much it means to me that my husband is willing to back me up and help with my dad and George.  I am blessed.

And...I am getting a new well!!  After nine months of buying water, we found a driller!   The permit has been issued and he is planning on starting on Monday or Tuesday.  He is saying that it should take about a week.  It will be wonderful to be able to drink water from the tap instead of bottled.  SMILE

So, I will let you go...my rambling could just on and on.  LOL  I will keep everyone updated as I travel cross country.  You know how I love to take pictures!!

Wishing each of you a wonderful week.  Be kind to one another.



15 comments:

  1. Angela ~
    Your hubby sounds like one in a million! A keeper for sure. I'm sure he will be happy to have his son there and that you get to visit your son! Win-win.
    Enchilidas gringas...lol!
    Looking forward to seeing more of your stitching.
    Happy Sunday. Relish the fact that you don't have to go to work tomorrow or the day after or the day after...
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I woke up this morning, took a big sigh, and then giggled...no work for me today!! I've got some errands to do, but nothing that will argue, complain or whine like some of my co-workers. LOL

      Delete
  2. We use flour, too. I think the corn ones are too overwhelming. Yours looks yummy! Your stitching looks great, I am looking forward to seeing more. Happy Vacation time. Yay! On getting to see your son. I look forward to all the wonderful pictures I hope you share with us. Glad your hubby gets to see his son, too. I bet he'll be glad to spend time with you both. Awesome on the well. That is good news. Safe travels sweet friend. :) ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad sweet George is getting better. Bless his heart. ((hugs))

      Delete
    2. Good morning, Vicki! A long, long, long time ago, I worked in a restaurant with a gentleman that used flour for his enchiladas...I thought that was the way it was done! LOL It wasn't until I hit my 20's that someone mentioned that those were not real "enchiladas". By then it was too late, that's how I make them!

      Delete
  3. So glad to hear that you are seeing improvement in George. Your stitching looks great to me! ;) I am praying for safe travels for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear Vickie. It's been six months since I've seen my baby boy. LOL I think I'm having "withdrawls".

      I am staying focused on my project. This is the first time that I've done pre-stitching for a class. I was a little hesitant, I truly do not like timelines. My life is too chaotic. But, this is so CUTE! LOL One of the other participants is texting me every few days to keep me on track! I'm kinda needy that way. LOL

      Delete
  4. Woohoo for vacation time!!! Lol I think that is the usual procedure before going on vacation. Either everyone bothers you or you are trying to frantically get everything done and off your desk before you leave :)

    Glad you didn't run, they might have kept you!!!!

    I'm glad your dog is doing better :) I had realized that was old for a big dog.

    Loving your stitching so far :) Nice soft colors.

    I hope you have a great time your kids this summer. An unexpected trip to Iowa sounds nice. I'm sure the weather is nice there.

    So glad you are getting a new well!!

    Have a great week!!! Enjoy your vacation and relax :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I did nothing but stitch the past two days...oh, and laundry. Guess what I'll be doing this morning? Hello, Mr. Toilet and Ms. Shower. LOL

      I know that big dogs age faster, but I love rotties...I just can't see me with a little dog...I feel like I'm going to break them when I give them a hug. LOL

      I am so excited about the well. Nine months is a long time...

      Delete
  5. Hi Angela,
    Fish and chips are a favourite of ours as well. I live so far north I didn't know enchiladas could be made with anything but flour! Yours look delicious.
    Good luck with George...our two are getting senior with Rex at 10 considered elderly.
    I too love that colour you are stitching with. Gorgeous.
    Vacation time is precious...enjoy every minute where ever you are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Jocelyn. This restaurant serves the most delicious fish...and they have sweet potato fries! Hubby and I order one plate with fish, one with salad. Then we both trade 1/2 of each. That way we can say, sure, we had a salad. LOL

      George was doing well for the first few days, today, not well at all...I'll be heading back to the vet's today. I am worried...

      Delete
  6. The long weekend seems to have been a wonderful one for you, Angela. And I can see why you love to visit that restaurant by the sea. But I can only see it and would also like to taste it, these fish and chips look so delicious.
    I hope your trip is going great today. And I'm sure you are looking forward to visit with your son next weekend. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Brigitte. It's funny, I can go months without stitching, working on knitted or crocheted projects...but as soon as I get back in the groove, it's hard to stop!

      Delete
  7. So glad to hear that you are seeing improvement in George. Your stitching looks great to me! ;) I am praying for safe travels for you.


    เย็ดสาว

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect one ,I am using most of them .. Thankyou so much That’s an amazing post!!! Thanks a lot! Bookmarking it for future references.
    928bet

    ReplyDelete