Monday, November 20, 2017

Still on Vacation...Giggle, Giggle

Good morning and happy Monday from the rancho!  I can't even say that without giggling.  LOL  To be sitting at home, drinking coffee, not going to work...NICE!  This is my last week of vacation, so I'll be fitting in as much "stuff" as I can. 

Finished my baby quilt.  Yay!  I really like the colors in this.


Spent a few days up in Sacramento with a dear friend.  We did handwork and shopped.  Then more handwork and more shopping.  LOL  She does amazing counted canvas and cross stitch.  And honestly, she has more threads than most shops I've visited.  We finished-finished a few projects for her and then she decided that I just NEEDED to learn counted canvas.  Hmmmm...Sounds good, but when you have the memory retention of a squirrel, there is no guarantee of success.  She has the patience of a saint and managed to teach me a few stitches.  She also gave me the instruction sheet that should keep me on track, but I've got her on speed dial.  LOL

Here is my first project.  It will be a scissor holder when I'm done.



My wrap is coming along quite well.  I've knitted four skeins.  I started with six total, but decided it just wasn't going to be long enough.  Picked up another four skeins. If it's still not long enough, my friend gave me two more skeins that she found in her closet.  I'll see how it goes...


I was sucked in invited to participate in the Facebook Black and White Challenge last week.  You post one black and white photo each day, no people, no explanation.  I tried to use pictures that meant something to me.  It was more fun that I expected.

Day One-Moto the Kitty


Day Two-Ceramic Bunny  He lives on my craft cabinet.


Day Three- Leftover Halloween Candy.  Not much left. LOL


Day Four-Hanging Succulent  Hangs on my front porch.  About 15 years old.

                                                      

Day Five-Scissors  Love the love.  


Day Six-Thermal Cup More dots.  LOL


Day Seven-Ice Cream  In the bowl made by my son.  SMILE


Finished with my extra large cup of coffee and ready to get the day started.  Wishing each of you a day filled with lots of happy.  

Be kind to one another.

7 comments:

  1. Your canvas work is neat. I have never done that. I like your wrap very much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Vickie. I don't know if it will be my favorite stitching, but it is interesting. I love the texture. Much more pronounced than cross stitching.

      Delete
  2. Enjoy your last week of vacation.
    Glad you slipped away for some GF time.
    Happy Thanksgiving,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to feel the panic...I only have six days left! LOL Seriously, I am so blessed to have a job that HAS vacation time. It has been good for my soul.

      Delete
  3. Although I am retired I still can relate to that very happy morning hour during vacation times. The first hour when you are awake, sit at the kitchen table with a cup of coffee and the newspaper and while all the others go to work you just sit there and enjoy your vacation. It feels so good, doesn't it?
    Beautiful, your baby quilt. And the wrap looks just great with its wonderful colours. Good luck with your scissor holder.
    Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Brigitte. There is something about watching the sun come up, so much quiet to enjoy. The coffee tastes so much better when you're not rushing around. LOL

      Delete
  4. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete