Sunday, June 20, 2021

On the Road Again...Tomorrow

Good morning and happy Sunday from the rancho!  Oh. My. Goodness.  I'm singing (to myself because I sing really REALLY bad) On the road again...I just can't wait to get on the road again...

Packing is done.  Projects are kitted and in bags.  Ice chest is cleaned and ready to fill.  Phew.  Now to get the house ready so DH can survive for the three weeks that I'll be gone.  LOL  The last week have been filled with questions like:  Is there more sliced cheese?  Yes, in the garage refrigerator.  Did you get hot dogs?  Yes, in the garage refrigerator and more in the freezer.  Are you going to make cookies?  Gee, it's 105 degrees, maybe.  Do you see a trend?  All about the food, peeps.  LOL

I cleaned out my garden.  I'm sure that DH can handle the zucchini and tomatoes, but harvested the last of the lettuce.  My cucumbers will not be ready until I get back so I just need him to water and keep them alive.  It's been so hot my potatoes vines crisped and disappeared.  So...I got potatoes!  A few of these potatoes are baking size.  Score!



My flowers that are in open spaces are not happy.  Too hot for too many days.  But the patio plants are still hanging in there.  I picked up the crown of thorns last year in the discard pile at Lowe's.  Saved!  My neighbor gave me two small Mandavilla plants last year. They were pretty beat  up, still in the nursery pots.  I replanted early this Spring and they are giving me some love.

This Amaryllis came from my son before he moved to the Bay Area.  Ten years and still going strong.

 

Crown of Thorns.


Mandevilla.




Tidied up my craft area and decided to finish-finish a few of my friend's projects.  Really pleased with these boxes.  Both little pumpkin pin cushions are made of wool.  

                                       




While I was digging around in a stash cupboard, I found a partially completed quilt.  Why did I not finish this?  Just why?  I have no idea!!  I literally had twelve blocks to sew together, complete the back, sandwich and bind.  This one was started for my stepson.  I know that he's twenty...but once you love Star Wars...you always love Star Wars.  LOL  I'll be honest, I wasn't really happy with this one until I put on the binding.  Wow!!  What a difference a pop of color will do!!



Staying focused on stitching Christmastide.  Still loving this!


Playing with Jack Jack this morning.  I'm not sure that he knows the difference between my hand and his toy.  LOL  Second picture is with his mom, Daisy.  Odd picture...she looks a bit scary!!  LOL



I'm planning on taking my tablet, so I'll be keeping in touch with all my peeps.  Wishing each of you a great week.  Be safe.   Be kind to one another.

3 comments:

  1. First of all ~ SAFE TRAVELS ~ and enjoy the time with your son.
    Your prolific stitching friend is so lucky to have you for a friend. I am amazed at how many things she stitches. That little Halloween triangle box is an awesome finish.
    Once I tried to get an amaryllis to rebloom. All I got was leaves so now I just discard the bulb and get a new one each year. You are the plant whisperer for sure.
    Have fun!!! I'm sure the furbabies...and hubby...will miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful time! I hope your husband keeps your plants alive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are on the road now and I do hope you are having a ball. Enjoy every minute and be sure to come back and tell us about it.

    ReplyDelete