Saturday, January 4, 2014

Does Your Dog Love You? Or Is It All About The Food?

From where I sit at the kitchen table, I can see my dog laying in the sun, soaking up the warmth. It is only 56 degrees here in central California, but the sun is shining and there is no wind. So, as I watch my dog napping, it makes me think about our relationship. George is a very good dog. He stopped eating the trim on the house about two years ago and now just digs tiny little holes in the grass. I can live with that, since on the flip side, he does a pretty good "big dog" bark that will stop people at the gate. When we have company, he is known to stand between our guest and myself. My protector.
He has lived with my family since he was 8 weeks old. One of nine puppies, he raised by a family with three kids. They thought that George was a doll. Dressed him up, carried him all over the house. He is patient beyond reason. I play "scary teeth" with him (stick my fingers in his mouth)and guess who (I put my hands over his eyes). He doesn't even move. I ask myself, does my dog love me, or is it all about the food? I'm betting on love, the food is just a bonus. Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment