Sunday, December 28, 2014

A Side Trip To....

So, what did I do on Friday? Cleaned house, cleaned the fishes' house (LOL), had lunch with DH, and took a nap. Since it was a bonus day, I figured I should do something a little fun. Took a side trip to the thrift store. I found a few things. First, a 100% wool men's sweater. It has a nice boxy shape with a zipper and was only $5! How could I say no? It will be nice at work when it gets chilly. Then, I took a peek over in the throw pillow section. I was looking for something that I could pull the cover off and replace with a punch needle cover. SCORE! I found an 18X18 feather, yes feather, pillow for $3! Perfect. And when I pulled off the cover, it was from Pottery Barn. I don't even want to know what it originally cost. I will run it through the washing machine and leave it out in the sun for a few days. It says Dry Clean Only, but I like to live on the wild side. LOL

One of the things I've never mentioned is my love for inside plants. I've talked about my roses and the problems with the drought, but I also have quite a few inside plants. I have all the regulars, pothos, spiders, etc, but I do have a little collection of orchids. Mostly phalaenopsis, but a few different types. I haven't taken very good care of them the past year, just too busy with Dad. And how was I rewarded? With three plants with spikes! How crazy is that?!? I am very excited to have some flowers coming my way.


Finally sewing the binding on that darn pink quilt. I did everything I could to not work on it yesterday. I cleaned a craft drawer, scrubbed two bathrooms, cleaned out the silverware drawer... LOL LOL LOL I promised myself I would finish it in the summer, then October, and now I WILL finish it before the end of 2014. I have about a quarter of the binding done and should be able to finish it this afternoon. Not bad considering it was still in strips yesterday! It sat on my table for so many months, I just couldn't take the guilt anymore. I put on my big-girl panties and got going. It is funny, it was only about 5 hours work to get to the binding, but I just couldn't focus. Sometimes it takes more energy to avoid doing something than it does to actually do it...I will post a picture as soon as I finish. Promise!

Off to do my Sunday chores. Grocery shopping and trip to RiteAid. I know how to live. Be kind to one another.



No comments:

Post a Comment