Friday, December 19, 2014

Still Plugging Along

I added beads, I added beads, and I added more beads. I don't know if I like the way it lays. I think I may have added too many beads in too little space. If I really don't like it, a couple of snips and I can start over. Since it's going to lay on a table, it might be okay.


Dad is getting quieter and quieter. He hasn't said my name for over 6 months and only said a few words this past week. My son is coming home for break on January 5th. All I can hope is that Dad makes it that long. He really seems to be losing weight, but I may just be looking too hard. Ryan has not been home in five months, so I think this will be hard for him, too. He wasn't coming, but he sounded so lonely, and I know I am missing him, so we went ahead and bought the plane ticket. One good thing is that he is flying into an airport only 35 miles from home, so at least I won't be driving the entire day.

DH and I are taking a break from Dad chores tomorrow to try and pick up a few Christmas gifts. We really don't have much to get. Most of my gifts to friends are stitched or homemade fudge. I sent my stepson his package last week, and with the coffee pot that Santa sent last week to Ryan, the little things I sent over the last few weeks, and finally the plane ticket, I don't see much shopping for Ryan in my future. LOL I know he has no problem with that. One thing about that kid, he is not into buying new things. I think that the one trip we will make while he is here is to the thrift shops. I want to try my hand at recycling wool clothing into useful pieces of material for my projects. He loves thrift stores, so I know he will be on board.

Dinner time is now, so off to take care of Dad and get some leftovers on the table. LOL Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment