Saturday, July 11, 2015

Construction is Complete

Happy Saturday morning, peeps!!  This will come as a huge surprise, but I have been stitching...and I have a picture to prove it!  LOL  I know, I know, this blog is supposed to have cross stitching, but it seems that I am the slowest stitcher in the universe and it has been a loooonnnnngggg time since I could show some headway.  So without further ado...


And at the bottom, I've got almost two rows of bricks in.  I know that it's a long way from a finish, but I am doing the happy dance!!

The heat finally subsided this past week.  I got really, really, REALLY tired of the 100 degree afternoons. My geraniums are loving the cooler weather.  

                          



Here is a planter with a few agave.  Hiding in the corner, I saw a teeny, tiny pine tree.  I don't have pines on my property, but the neighbors have a really big one right over the fence.  I guess it decided to give me a gift.  LOL


I have a wonderful moment to share...

Background...my father has not spoken to me for over six months and has not said my name for a YEAR. Every few weeks I might get a nod, but not much of anything else.  So last Sunday, I was getting Dad ready for lunch.  I am a constant chatterer, if for nothing else, just to fill the silence.  As I was setting up his soup, he looks at me, makes eye contact, and says..."What are you doing, Angela?" For one quick moment, Dad was back.  He didn't say anything else the rest of the day, but it made me wonder how much he really hears, but just can't form the words to talk.  I will take it, no matter how fleeting.  

It will be a quiet day here at the rancho.  Husband and stepson are going on a motorcycle ride, so it will be just me and Dad.  I need to take George to the vet this morning for his shots and annual heart worm test, but then I will be free for the day!!

I've finished my extra, extra creamer with coffee (LOL), so off to the get some morning stuff done.  I hope that each of you have a special weekend filled with love and fun.  Be kind to one another.

7 comments:

  1. I am so glad you had that moment with your Dad Angela. A blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I struggle to find my dad inside the dementia. This was a happy moment for me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, the sameness mounts...geraniums, I love, and my husband motorcycles too. I love your little Charlie Brown pine tree. That was an interesting and touching moment with your dad. I'm sure he knows you on some deeper unspoken level all the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope the same thing about Dad. I know that he KNOWS me if that makes sense, but my dad and I never ended a day without saying "I love you". I miss that from him.

      Delete
  4. Your Dad may hear more than you realize. It's so good that you continue to talk and tell him things. You will never know just how much he comprehends, but that little sentence seems to show that sometimes he really does hear you. I'm glad you had that special moment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blog! Thanks for share......
    Are you suffering from password problem related to Hotmail? We are here to provide you 24/7 help and support, please visit Change password hotmail

    ReplyDelete