Sunday, December 24, 2017

Too Busy...I Don't Think I'll Make Christmas Morning Cutoff...

Good morning, happy Sunday, and Merry Christmas Eve!  Phew...that's a lot to cover in one day.  LOL

My Baby Boy and his GF arrived on Tuesday evening.   I worked on Wednesday, but took Thursday and Friday as family days.  SMILE  We have managed to hit all of our favorite restaurants, a few thrift stores, a yarn store, and made one trip to the fabric store since then. I know, what a surprise!  LOL

Headed over to Morro Bay.  The weather was beautiful on the coast.  Those lumps are a herd of otters in the bay.




Then to Cayucos for lunch at Schooner's.  Yummy.


And who is this?  Why Ryan and his GF, Elyse.  We had a wonderful meal.


Then off to Cambria to check out a couple of thrift stores...cough, cough...and my favorite yarn store.  LOL  I found a beautiful wrap on display.  Of course, the pattern AND the yarn were available.  Elyse showed an interest and I think I can do the pattern...so...it came home with me.  LOL  Thank goodness I've learned how to use circulars. 

Once in the thrift stores, it was hat-trying-on time.  LOL




And my favorite...Don't I look FABULOUS?!  LOL


With all this fun going on, I'm a little behind on my creating.  I'm pretty sure I won't be finished with my son's quilt by tomorrow morning.  But, I did give him a peek, he seems happy.  He's has already placed a color request on the binding.  LOL 


And my scarf?  Another skein in, two more to go...


I always enjoy his visits.  Both he and Elyse mentioned that they use the washcloths that I made for him last year.  Well, surprise, I have more that need to go home with him.  LOL  I gave Elyse her gift as she will not be here Christmas morning.  She seemed pleased.  SMILE   We had a quickie fudge-making class.  Did a pan of eggnog fudge...not bad, but because I used real eggnog and white chocolate, not as firm as I hoped.  But, I know that sometimes it takes a full 24 hours to set.  We'll see...

I leave you with the sunrise.  Have an amazing day, be kind to one another.


12 comments:

  1. Love how your scarf is looking! Looks like a great visit too, enjoy your holiday with your son. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. And Merry Christmas to you! This is the first Christmas I've had him home in long time. Even if we sat on the couch and did nothing, I'd still enjoy this visit. LOL

      Delete
  2. Merry, merry Christmas, Angela.
    So happy your baby boy is home. He and Elyse make a cute couple. You've already packed a lot of memories in his visit.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pretty tired...yesterday I took a two hour nap! Being a happy mom is hard work! Merry Christmas to you and yours. SMILE

      Delete
  3. So nice to read about your son's and his girlfriend's visit. You packed such a lot of great things into this visit. And you even made great progress on your shawl and quilt. Well done.
    Wishing you a very merry Christmas, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas Brigitte!! Sometimes, I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation. LOL And no, I didn't bring one home. SAD FACE. LOL

      Delete
  4. ... and did one of the hats come home with you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a handsome couple! You KNOW which hat I would have chosen! ;) Your scarf looks great! I can tell you are having a great visit with Ryan. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas, Sweet Vickie! And yes, I can guess which one you would choose. LOL

      Delete
  6. Just from the photo, it seems Ryan and GF suit each other. And what a pretty name.
    My you've been busy and doing so many things I wish I could have joined you in all of it. Love the hats and it's funny you were doing that. I've been hat shopping for a winter one that is not a beanie/toque/ wool one but not too old lady either. It's a challenge.
    Your projects look great too and I'm so glad for you to spend time with that boy!
    Take care and hope you enjoy your holidays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, my visit has been wonderful. SMILE There is just something fun about trying on hats. Always makes me happy. LOL

      Delete
  7. Merry Christmas sweet friend! Oh what a sweet couple. They look perfect together. I am glad you liked what you made her. So glad you all got a chance to be with each other and share in the blessings of Christmas. ((hugs)).

    ReplyDelete