Monday, January 1, 2018

Welcome to the New Year...Already?

Good morning and Happy New Year from the rancho.  Phew...where did 2017 go?  I've looked and searched and not a sign.  It seems like I woke up a year ago, went back to bed and POOF, here we are in 2018.  When I was younger, much younger LOL, I was always wanting time to go faster...I wanted to be a teenager, I wanted to be a grown up.  Now, I just want time to slow down so I can enjoy it a bit more.

My son headed home the day after Christmas.  He traveled to Phoenix to pick up his GF and then to Denver to visit her family.  It was a long, tough drive.  What should have been a twelve hour drive from Denver to Iowa took closer to fifteen.  He said that he didn't hit snow, but the ice was horrible.  I think I worried more than he did.  When they finally made it home, he sounded absolutely exhausted.  This morning, -20 F in Iowa City.  I cannot even imagine that cold.  Well, I can, but that's the temperature to hold ice cream in our freezer at work.  Brrr....

This morning, we are holding at 50 F with a heavy fog.  I walked outside and it sounded like rain.  For a moment, I was pretty excited.  Nope, just the fog dripping off of the trees.  Very odd.

My son is very pleased with the colors on his quilt.  I've tried to get in an hour of sewing every day.  It is really surprising how much you can get done when you really focus on the task.  LOL

Here is where I stopped yesterday...


And an update on my shawl.  I've got one more skein until I'm finished!


Moto Kitty seems to be spending more time napping with Dad.  Dad always loved his cats, so I think this is a good thing.  Moto stays at the foot at the bed, so I don't worry about him bothering Dad.  Once he's settled, it's pretty hard to get him to move.  LOL  I even tried covering him with a blanket.  Nope.  Just got one of those kitty looks...




And I leave you with this...



Happy New Year to all! I wish each of you a life filled with love, kindness, and joy. Smile a little more, stress a little less. Hold hands, give hugs, listen closer. Take a walk, enjoy nature, smell the flowers. Be the friend that you would like to have. Be kind to one another...

16 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you! I love your wishes. Thank you for sharing.
    It is always hard when our boys leave, isn't it? My #1 bad boy is 38 and I cry every time he leaves.
    Hugs to ya' :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! He will always be my baby boy. LOL I asked him once if he read my blog. He laughed and said yes. I questioned whether he knew what I called him. Yep. And he didn't even complain. LOL He knows what kind of mom I am.

      Delete
    2. This one is my #1 bad boy. He occasionally reads my blog, but bad boy #2 (my baby boy) probably doesn't even remember that I have one. The really funny part is that my ex-husband (we've been divorced since '92) reads it. Good thing I never said anything bad about him...lol!

      Delete
    3. My best friend is my hubby's high school sweetheart. LOL The world is just too small to hold a grudge. LOL

      Delete
  2. Love the two projects you are working on, Angela. No wonder that your son loves the colours and the pattern of the quilt you are making for him. This will be wonderful quilt. And your shawl gets more and more beautiful with each skein of yarn.
    Happy New Year to you as well. The wishes you express at the end of your post are just what I want to do each and every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year to you, Brigitte. Yes, perfect for him. He is not a "bright color" person. LOL

      Thank you about the shawl. I worry that the last colors are too light and don't flow, but I think I will be able to tell better when it's done. SMILE

      It's not always easy to be kind. Some days I struggle. LOL

      Delete
  3. Happy New Year, Angela! Traveling this time of year is worrisome it seems wherever you live and we always worry about the kids. Love your perfect pinwheels and I hope it is relaxing for you to work on these projects. I’ve been meaning to ask...is it too dry in your area as well. We see the news of the fires....so devastating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ryan LOVES pinwheels. This is the perfect project for him.

      Yes, much too dry...again...We are at 5% of seasonal rainfall. Last year we got the rain, but the downside is now we have the fires. Sigh. There is no winning in California.

      Delete
  4. Ryan's quilt is fantastic! I am glad he made it back safe and sound. He has it even colder there than here. Yuck!
    Have a super week my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Vickie. I talked to him yesterday, still cold, but it got up to 16 F. He was pretty excited! On a few of the really cold nights, he had ice on the INSIDE of his attic windows. I understand that the house is about 100 years old, but brrrr.... LOL

      Have an amazing day!

      Delete
  5. That is a lovely quilt--you knew he would like it!!!
    Your kitty sure is sweet!!!
    Ice is always scary! We don't get much snow in the South, but get tons of ice and it's really dangerous. So glad he got there ok!
    Happy New Year to you, and thank you for those lovely wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought that snow was the dangerous one. Seems that ice is the most scary! Yes indeed, my boy does love pinwheels. LOL

      Delete
  6. WOW the quilt is looking great! Your kitty is just like our puppies! They love to lay in everyone's beds and will tunnel their way under the blankets so they can be all covered up.

    Happy New Year! I hope you have an awesome and productive 2018!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! Moto is a silly kitty. With the way he goes to the door, makes noise, follows you around...sometimes I think that he thinks that he is dog! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Angela, just me stopping by to say hello. Hope all is good with you and thinking about you. Think of me mired in ice and snow...no not quite that bad but a bit dangerous walking about after the latest freezing rain storm. Staying in a lot and thank goodness for the hobbies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hope all is good with you and thinking about you. Think of me mired in ice and snow...no not quite that bad but a bit dangerous walking about after the latest freezing rain storm. Staying in a lot and thank goodness for the hobbies!ทางเข้า D2BET

    ReplyDelete