Monday, February 5, 2018

I Have No Excuses

Good evening from the rancho.  I am sitting here, resting my head in my hands, trying to come up with an excuse as to why I have been missing in action the past month.

I could tell you that I had been on an around the world cruise.  But that would not be true...

I could tell you that I had won the lottery and been hiding out until the dust settled.  But that would not be true...

I could tell you that I had been so incredibly busy that I just didn't have time to write.  But that really wouldn't be true, either.

One Sunday, I woke up and headed to my computer.  A little grouchy, but nothing I couldn't handle.  As I sat and tried to come up with a subject, nothing.  It was if my brain had just shut down.  My memory was shot.  My attitude was zero.  I figured that one week wouldn't make a difference.  But then it went to two, then to three, then to four.  With every Sunday that I missed, it was a bit easier the next week.  Until today, when my son, wanted to know why I hadn't written anything on my blog for a month.  And I had no answer.  Have I been stitching?  Yes.  Have I been knitting?  Yes.  Have I written on my blog?  No.

So, here I am.  My memory is still shot, but my attitude is up to about a four.  I hope that a few of my peeps are still out there, waiting for look into my world.

My sweet dog Moses ended up with some sort of bite on his leg.  Ten days of antibiotics and the "cone of shame".  The antibiotics last longer than the collar.

Sad face...



After five days, this is all that I could find.  I duct taped it two or three times, but the collar still didn't make it.


I finished my shawl.


Made a hat for a friend.  I actually made two, but they looked exactly alike, so I figured that you only needed one picture.  LOL


And started a new project for the new year...


This is what it should look like when I finish.


I also made several pin cushions and worked on my son's quilt.  I will save those pictures for my next post.

Other than my projects, life is about the same.  Dad has lost a bit more weight and seems restless, but no big changes.  Work is work.  Retirement is looking better and better.  Only three inches of rain in our area for the season.  Not looking good.  The solar panels are on the house, we hope to go PG&E- free in the next month.  

Thank you for slogging through my drivel.  I will try and catch up on everyone's blogs this week.  

Be kind to one another.



14 comments:

  1. Poor Moses! I'd destroy that cone of shame, too.
    Your shawl is gorgeous and love that new sampler. I'm getting the urge to stitch. Decades ago that is all I did.
    Retirement....the best thing I ever did. Not the smartest but you learn to make do with what you have. It's been a year and a half for me and I've LOVED every day of it. I highly recommend it :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'm really starting to lean that way. It would be a bit cheaper since I commute 80 miles a day, pay into retirement and union dues, and have to dress for work. I could live in jeans and a t-shirt. Actually, I could wear my jammies all day! LOL

      Delete
  2. Your shawl is beautiful. Summer at Cherry Hill is pretty. Hope Moses is doing well now. I hope you do retire soon my friend! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Every morning, I roll out of bed and tell myself that I can make until nap time. LOL

      Delete
  3. It happens......we get in slumps....it's ok. It passes. The shawl is epic........and I'd chew that collar up, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't know...I wouldn't want the plastic to get caught in my teeth. LOL

      Delete
  4. Cone of shame!!!!! Lol poor puppy! Our cat Lily hated the cone of shame. I think if she ever sees another one, she'll take out the vet assistants!

    Glad to see you back :) I can't say anything, I haven't been on my blog in a while. I've fallen into an abyss from craziness at work and I have let it effect my home life. Sigh.....

    All your projects look great!! The colors in your shawl are beautiful :)

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I do love those colors. Falling into an abyss is a good way to put it...you're just putting along, then along comes a sink hole. LOL

      Delete
  5. No news is good news so I’m glad nothing major was happening. Sometimes it just gets like that and the days add up. Your shawl is pretty and I love your new project and happy to see you back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've been busy in the project department I see. I figured you we're just busy. Hope things are awesome in your world today sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous shawl Angela! Poor Moses and his cone. Hope that he is doing well and his his infection is all cleared up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Moses is doing very well, thank you. Much better than the cone. LOL

      Delete
  8. I think you don't need any excuses, lol. Sometimes it's juts not the time for blogging.
    Wonderful your colorful shawl, I just love it. But I think I say that each time you show it.
    That hat for your friend is awesome, the colour and the shape :))
    Nice new stitchy project you started.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I am enjoying the colors on the new sampler. And I admit, it is much easier to stitch 1 over 2 than 2 over 2...no worries about twisted thread. LOL

      Delete