Tuesday, February 20, 2018

My Day at the Farm Show

I know that each of you have been holding your breath, just waiting to hear about my day at the Farm Show.

First, I must explain that there isn't really a lot there for the general public.   But with a little bit of imagination and pioneering spirit, you can find a lot of really great stuff.

Let's start at the corner of Holstein Lane.  For the novices, Holsteins are the black and white cows that are milked at the majority of California dairies.


This is the milk truck that can deliver all the ice cream that I need while I do crafts.


And here is my new candy dispenser.  LOL  It will just about hold the amount of Peanut Butter M&Ms necessary to eat while completing a cross stitch project.


Side note...when you attend a show that is attended by mostly men, no waiting at the ladies' outhouses.  LOL


Down the street, I found a really cool trailer to use for bringing home my stash.  I think it is for silage or manure.  Either way, it is really too pretty for either of those things.  LOL


And of course, you need a truck to pull the trailer.


Wandering down the aisles, I found the perfect place to store my organic wool and alpaca yarns.  I don't think that even my dogs could break their way in to chew up my yarn.  LOL


Multi-purpose product.  It is being sold as baling twine.  Really?  My dad always bought white...And, it can double as knitting yarn when supplies run out of the good stuff. 


I found my new going-to-town car.  It has more luxury accessories than my current car.  Of course, it may be a little tough to find a parking spot.  LOL



All in all, a good day.  I finished up the day with 20,000 steps.  Yes, peeps, 20,000!  My little feet were very tired.  LOL

I finished up my vacation visiting a friend in Sacramento and then a full day hanging out with hubby.  We went out for a burger and spent some time out on the restaurant's patio.  A bit chilly, but still a nice day.


Back to work this morning.  It is still dark at 4 am.  I did not miss getting up at that time while I was on vacation.  LOL  

Wishing each of you a wonderful week.  Be kind to one another.

14 comments:

  1. Well alright! Looks to be a good time. :D That is a SWEET picture of you two. 😘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a beautiful day, even if it was 55 degrees!

      Delete
  2. Awww you two look so cute together. :) Looks like you did have a good time...lots to see. Wishing you a great day sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It took me a while to get him off the phone so I could get a picture of us together. LOL

      Delete
  3. You two look like you've had a good time!
    Hilarious post--I love all the fun gadgets you've found to make our hobby so much more productive!!! ha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hubby thought I was crazy while I was taking pictures. I assured him that it was not because I was planning on making some "purchases". LOL

      Delete
  4. Fun post. 20,000 steps? Holy hell!!!
    Sweet pic of you and hubby :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very careful to hit 10,000...too bad I couldn't split that day up! LOL I think it was almost 9 miles. I'm a little old to be walking 9 miles. LOL

      Delete
  5. I live with someone who would love that candy dispenser! Neat things and at our old place, we got to shop in a country store that had cow and horse aisles that I found fascinating. Farm stuff is expensive too.
    I think that is a great photo of the two of you. Glad you had a good vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. We don't get out together very often. LOL Yes, some of the big tractors are over $100,000. Most now come with GPS, air conditioning, better than a sports car. LOL A little out of my range.

      Delete
  6. So funny to read all your explanations of the pictures, lol. It must have been such fun day for you and your husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We both love the farm show. We lucked out this year...no rain during the show!

      Delete
  7. I very much like your pattern it's beautiful,thank for sharing good i dea !

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete