Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Husband Update for My Peeps

Good morning, peeps.  Here it is Tuesday and and my husband is still at the hospital.  We are hoping to move to acute rehab today.  It was a small stroke, no bleeding, no clots, no blockages.  He is able to talk and eat...walk?  Not so much.  He is using a cane and has to have someone with him, even to the bathroom.  His right arm works, but his fine motor skills are not there.  It could have been so much worse...I talked to rehab yesterday.  They are planning on him being there for at least a week.  My husband is very motivated.  He is only 59 and doesn't want this to be the rest of his life. 

I am getting nothing done.  LOL  I get up, take care of Dad and chores, head to the hospital.  I haven't been able to do any handwork.  I just sit and worry.  I took the week off of work, so that's one less thing to deal with.  Dad's daycare leaves at 3:30 pm, so it's back home, get him fed, me fed, the animals fed, more chores, and drop into bed.  Oh, I did get to Walmart yesterday...we were out of kitty treats and yogurt.  Important stuff. 

Thank you for all the prayers and good thoughts.  We will get through this the same as all of the other walls we've hit in our lives.

Give someone a smile, a hug, some happiness.  Be kind to one another.

9 comments:

  1. Prayers sent your way sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. one day at a time, Angela. You can do this....and he will get better. Maybe not exactly like before, but better is a good place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending more prayers and positive vibes. He is so young!!! Thankfully you could take the week of from work. One less thing to stress about.
    xoxo
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still thinking of you and hubs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm absolutely sure that your husband will get better, more and more. it just takes its time. I'm keeping my fingers crossed, Angela, and I'll be thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Angela, thinking about you and sending you wishes for strength from half a continent away. I am convinced your husband will have a good recovery though it may be baby steps in the meanwhile. Hang in there, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing valuable information nice post,I enjoyed reading this post.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete