Sunday, March 25, 2018

A Bright and Shiny Day

Good morning from the rancho.  It is bright and shiny outside my window.  That always makes me happy.

Rehab is going well.  Hubby has regained some of the use of his right fingers and is walking with the use of a walker.  He hopes to be able to walk alone in a few days.  He is insistent that no matter how much therapy they have him do, he does another few hours on his own.  He does leg lifts and ankle flexes every single hour.  In order to gauge his progress with his hand, he writes his name and address over and over again.  I have to laugh, he has always had terrible penmanship.  I'm not sure how much they can tell from what it looks like now.  LOL

I take walks while he is doing therapy.  The rehab center is on the edge of Arroyo Grande, an small ocean side town.  Less than two blocks away, there is farming.  Since we are in California, there are areas that grow vegetables year round.  Here are a few pictures I took yesterday.  It was a beautiful day.  Even got hubby outside in the sun when I got back.  I wasn't allowed to take him further that 100 feet from the rehab.  I guess they think we will try to make a break for it.  LOL

This is broccoli that has already been harvested.


Long rows of some type of red lettuce...maybe?  LOL


Here is a close-up...so pretty.


Last week we had lots of rain.  Five inches in one day!  Here are pictures of the ditch by our house.  I won't call it a real seasonal creek, but it fills fast when it rains.  LOL    This was the morning after our storm.  The water had already went down about a foot.  Please ignore the weeds in the wall...I'm a bit behind.  LOL


This is the neighbor's side.  The kids love to play in the water!


I've been taking some stitching with me the last few days.  Finished my club piece.  If my husband is home and well enough, I will be taking this to my yearly retreat in late April.  He says that I'm going no matter what.  I don't know about THAT...


Meanwhile, I am taking the day to catch up with life.  Hubby is settled at the rehab center, has plans for some visitors, and I really need to get stuff done at home...I started a list last night.  Yes, that was me outside mowing the lawn at 6 pm.  LOL  I've got one load of laundry done and am ready to start cleaning the bathrooms.  Boy, do I know how to party.

I hope that each of you have a wonderful day.  Be kind to one another.


12 comments:

  1. In the midst of everything, you still make me smile, Angela. You still write funny so well and I appreciate it so much.
    I love how determined your husband is...that will certainly help his progress immensely. And what a good patient he is being.
    Meanwhile it sounds like you have found a little bit of new normal for your days and settled in, which is good.
    Loved the photos of the fields; it will be a while before we see green here but there is so much more warmth in the sun,you can feel it. Take care now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After the rain last week, it was wonderful to walk in the sun. I always feel better after walking surrounded by fresh air. The therapist noticed that I walk each day and asked if my husband every went with me. I laughed. I didn't realize that she was serious. If she has her way, I'll be getting a walking buddy. LOL

      Delete
  2. That is totally awesome how your husband does extra therapy just so he can get well sooner. Keeping him and you in my prayers sweet friend. ((hugs)). I am glad you are able to still do your crafting, it helps with the stress. Bless you sweet friend. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He wants to be home. I'm not sure if it is for my company or my cooking. LOL I couldn't do anything the first few days. I finally decided that sitting and worrying was just as easy as stitching and worrying.

      Delete
  3. God bless you both! I am keeping you both in my prayers. He is so determined!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, definitely determined...or stubborn. LOL Either way, he is not going to let this stroke rule his world.

      Delete
  4. SO HAPPY to hear hubby is progressing!!! Wonderful news. Your penmanship comment gave me a good laugh.
    Sweet little cross stitch!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He keeps showing me how "well" he is writing. I try to look impressed. LOL

      Delete
  5. So glad to hear that he is making progress......and he's motivated!!!!!! That's everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the therapists say that it is all about attitude. SMILE

      Delete
  6. So great to read that your husband is so motivated with his exercises - and even does extra exercises. That will bring him a lot of progress. It's always a bit slowing after a stroke but the more you exercise the better you get. I wish him a speedy recovery, as speedy as it can be :)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank You for sharing your article, This is an interesting & informative blog. It is very useful for the developer like me.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete