Sunday, September 13, 2020

Focus...Focus...Focus

Good morning and happy Sunday from the rancho!  My herd of animals woke me up at 5:00 am.  Moto Kitty decided to perch on top of me, purring as loud as he possibly could.  Imagine a white noise machine that sounds an awful lot like a cat.  LOL  Yep, that's my life.  At least the dog wasn't barking as usual, just sticking her nose in my face...yay!

I've been very focused the last few weeks.  Since I was caught up on my SAL I decided that I would get going on one of my many, many kits that I've collected over the past three years.  LOL  One group that I belong to is the Dying to Stitch Quaint Country Ladies.  Pulled out one of those and got started.  I made a few changes and stitched it into a pillow.  Love the outcome.  It originally said "gather" but thought that "autumn" was a nice alternative.  I made the rusty bell myself!!


Finally got started on my green shawl.  This yarn is so incredibly soft and I am in love with the color.  It has a nice variegation to it.  This picture DOES NOT do the color justice.  I will try for a better one next week.


The weather has been much cooler due to the smoke cover.  I think we only reached 100 degrees once in the past seven days.  No wind so my roses are surviving the heat quite well.




A friend gave me a pot of Lantana.  She runs a day care and recently found out that it is a poisonous plant.  It moved to my house and is blooming like crazy this week.


I planted some yarrow a few months ago.  It has its own beauty.  The color seems odd but there is no filter on this picture...just the smokey skies.

With cooler temperatures...it is baking time!!  Thank goodness, we were almost out of cookies.  And since I had over-ripe bananas...you know the rest. LOL


California continues to suffer with fires.  There are over 3 million acres burned, 3% of the total land in our state.  The death toll is climbing every day.  I'm cannot imagine loosing everything you own, but to loose your loved ones is heartbreaking.  We are about a hundred miles from the nearest fire.  Please keep our state on your heart. 

I leave you to your weekend.  Stay safe, be kind to one another. 

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet finish you have there! Your flowers are wonderful Angela. The amount of loss from these fires is just UNREAL!! I hope and pray you stay safe my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's been a long time since I've finished something of mine. LOL I already started on another Pineberry Lane project. The fires are so scary. We have the smoke all the time, but at least it's higher up.

      Delete
  2. Prayers for your continued safety.
    Your roses never cease to amaze me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I was very surprised how well they took the heat. I've got lots of new growth. At this rate, I'll have blooms through September!

      Delete