Sunday, September 27, 2020

This, That and TMI

Good morning and happy Sunday from the rancho.  It seems that the weeks are just flying by.  Last week I was scheduled for a medical procedure and by the time I fully came out from the anesthesia, it was Monday.  LOL  Not really that bad, but didn't do much but snooze for a few days.  For those that love TMI, I have a family history of colon cancer.  I am on the amazing five year plan.  After the fifth procedure, there's not much left to the imagination regarding my innards.  But...the possibility of cancer is scary...so I drink the "stuff", spend the day close to home (and the bathroom) and am happy to get thirty minutes of uninterrupted sleep.  Colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer deaths in the United States.  Listen to your body...get the tests...and for the ending of this story...my tiny little polyp was not cancerous.  All is good.

Back to our regularly scheduled fun...

My garden is still in grow-mode.  It's been in the 90's here so I'm getting tomatoes and zucchini on a daily basis.  Last year a friend gave me a few strawberry starts.  I've now filled three planters and have led the runners into an old tub.  This metal tub was from my dad's place and I'm excited to give it a new job. I should be getting lots of strawberries next year.


Got some length on my shawl.  I've got a long way to go, but the variation on this yarn is beautiful.


I have another finish-finish!! This is a Pineberry Lane kit.  The pattern's name is Witch's Garden but I don't stitch witches.  So...I gave her a new hat and traded in her broom for a shovel.  I love the changes.  It was "supposed" to be a pinkeep but I had an unfinished paddle board that just pushed its way to my craft table and begged to be used.  LOL  I painted, sanded and waxed the paddle before mounting the stitched piece.  If you look closely you can see the tiny pom poms around the piece.  I just love using Lady Dot trims.


Here is my in-between start.  It's a Scattered Seed Club kit pattern.  Not my usual style but I really like the deep blue with the greens.  The fabric that it came with is lovely.  This will be my third start and maybe finish this month.  Hmmm...has my retirement stitching mojo finally kicked in?  LOL


My roses are on now on their third bloom.  It's been warm here in California but I'm not getting the hot afternoon winds as usual.  This is a two or three-year old bush and I wish I had picked up a few more of them.  Absolutely gorgeous!!


Now I'm back to my coffee, watching the sun rise and listening to the birds.  I wish each of you a wonderful day.  Be kind to one another.




 

2 comments:

  1. The dreaded colonoscopy...but a necessary evil. Because of no family history and 2 scopes with no polyps (10 years apart), that coupled with my age, I was told I never need another!!!
    Your changes to witch's garden are just perfect. May I ask how you mounted it to the board?
    I think you are the rose whisperer. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am so very glad all is well with you my dear. My last colonoscopy was three years ago.
    I do not stitch witches either, and I love the way you altered this pattern! So very cute! :)
    What a beautiful rose Angela.
    I hope you have a wonderful week my friend!

    ReplyDelete