Saturday, August 9, 2014

Time Marches On

Been a tough week. Not a lot of chatting going on at our house. I mind my own business, don't get sucked into anyone's drama. My sister moved in last week, but just for a couple a weeks, waiting for her townhouse to be ready for move-in. We did one "sister day", had a good time, an amazing lunch. I don't really have any girlie-girl friends, so it was nice to be out for the day. I did have one very bright spot. My cousin came over, said she had something for me. Pulled out this amazing picture.
It seems that she was at an art show a couple of years ago. A friend came up and said that there was a picture of her dad and uncle up for sale. She went over to take a look. Yep, it was the brothers! She scooped it up and took it home. She has gifted it to me. I then surprised her by showing her all the photos we had from the same round-up! It seems that about 10 years ago, my family and her dad had been at a round-up. We were taking pictures, but, so was a friend of a friend that just happened to be an artist. Five years later, she paints a picture of "Brothers". It goes to an art show, and ends up purchased by the perfect family. I am so very grateful to my cousin for this gift. My dad is the one in the glasses. It reminds me of happier days. She will be copying all the pictures I gave her and we plan to meet for some sharing of other photos and family information. Perfect! Off to get my day started. Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment