Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Last of Our Summer Fun...

Good evening, peeps and peepettes.

A little sadness here at the rancho tonight.  My stepson is on his way home back to Missouri.  In this world of non-traditional families, you do what you can to build relationships and keep in touch with your loved ones.  When he and his mother lived in California, he was with us every weekend, but now his dad and I are his "summer" family.  We make the best of it.  During the year, we keep in touch by phone and I send cards and goodies every few months.  Perfect?  No, but he knows we love him and that is what is important.

Hubby and I both took Monday off to finish up his visit with a bang.  First, off to his favorite sandwich place.  Luckily, it's mine, too!!  LOL

Then, off to the coast.  He loves the ocean and really misses the cool air with the sounds of gulls.  He doesn't care much for the mess the gulls leave, but you do what you have to do for the view.  The day was perfect...beautiful blue skies, about 65 degrees.  Nice!

Here is a couple of pictures of us having fun.  We have discussed my lack of selfie perfection, so I decided to go with silly!  LOL



A picture of me sunning my tootsies...Bahama Mama polish on my toes, thank you very much.  My stepson thought that was the funniest name he had ever heard.  I was going for exotic...guess I missed the mark. LOL


And here is my view while I was working on my tootsie tan...


This is Morro Rock in Morro Bay, California.  It is sometimes called the "Gibraltar of the Pacific".  It is part of a line of nine volcanic plugs going into the interior. Here's a little info if you're interested.  I live in a beautiful area!


So I leave you with this thought...hold your loved ones close, tell them that you love them, and be kind to one another.


4 comments:

  1. Its never easy blending families but it sounds like you are making the best of it. He looks like he was having lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The last two years were tough...hard for him and hard for his mom. He is 14 and is very thoughtful and kind to both his mother and me. He will do anything I ask and doesn't whine. We have sort of the same sense of humor and have a good time picking on his dad. LOL

      Delete
  2. Aww, good for all of you. What a beautiful day!
    Look for a package in your PO Box this week. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was beautiful! And yes...I got a package today with some of your "special" irises!! Thank you so much! Completely unnecessary but so appreciated! I can't wait until next spring!

      Delete