Saturday, November 14, 2020

Stitching, Finishing and a Recipe

Good morning and happy Saturday from the rancho.  A bit chilly, but no rain since last week.  Most of my morning walks were taken at below 30 degrees.  Funny.  I don't really notice it much anymore.  Or maybe I'm still sleeping when I start my walk.  LOL  

Working steadily on my Fraktur Bird.  Colors are very different but somehow work together.


Of course, more finishing.

Easter door/cabinet hanger.



This is a fabric bag.  I thought it could be used to cover a vase of flowers.  Or just filled with paper and used as a decoration. ???


Sweet little ornament on distressed wood. I made the bow from homespun fabric.  I love the way this fabric frays when you pull it instead of cutting.  Makes the cutest bows.  Smile.


One of my favorites.  It is a standup.


Came as a kit.  The flag fabric was BRIGHT!  Ten minutes in some brewed coffee and a dry in the microwave...works much better now.  LOL



Finished as a tart.  The second picture shows the pom poms.  I added the poms to hide the open area around the tart.  LOL 



My roses are starting to wilt.  It was 27 degrees for three night in a row.  A bit much for them.


November 11th was the second anniversary of my father's passing.  Here is one of my favorite pictures.  This was taken while we were out running cattle.  We have the same smile.


As of yesterday I am 60 years old and been been married for 40 years.  I did well at being 59 so I'm very hopeful for 60.  LOL  Forty years is a long time to be together.  There have been good years and not-so-good years.  But...I'm too old to retrain anyone.  LOL

Each year I make fudge for Christmas gifts.  Jocelyn over at Canadian Needle Nana remembered and asked if I could post the recipe.  I was given this recipe over 30 years ago.  At the time, it was labeled See's Fudge.  Since I don't want to get in trouble for using their name...I've got a new name.  LOL  I've never had this fudge be grainy.  The only problem is if you choose to use chips other than Toll House, too many chips causes the fudge to turn into one, big, solid mess.   I have also used the big chips from Michael's and added flavoring from the baking area.  It works...but takes a while to set.  I would suggest you use regular cookie chips until you are familiar with the feel of the fudge. 

My Fudge

Mixture One:

½ cup butter

1 cup nuts

3 cups of chips

1 tsp vanilla

Measure all items and cube butter into small cubes.  Allow to soften.  Set aside.

Mixture Two:

2 cups sugar

2/3 cup heavy liquid whipping cream

10-12 large marshmallows

Stir and cook Mixture Two over medium heat until bubbly, about 7 ½ minutes.

When Mixture Two bubbles for about 30 seconds, remove from heat and add Mixture One, stirring until chocolate chips and butter melts completely.  Pour into buttered pan and cool.  I use a 9x13. 

This recipe works well with peanut butter chips, white chocolate chips, mint chips, pumpkin chips, etc.  I have also added Heath Chips, Peppermint Chips, etc, as part of the original 3 cups.  Be careful to not add too many chips, it will cause the fudge to “seize” and separate.


I'm off to clean house and make cookies.  I know how the house gets dirty but I just don't know where all the cookies go!  LOL  Really.  LOL

Be safe.  Be kind to one another.


4 comments:

  1. Your Fraktur Bird is looking great! The finishing is fantastic! My how time flies. I remember your Dad's passing. That is a great picture. Happy Birthday my friend!! I hope you enjoy the fudge and the cookies!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning and thank you. Two years...I agree...I can't believe how time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your patriotic needle book!
    Great picture of your dad...and I'm sure that smile makes you smile.
    Happy belated birthday!!! Congrats on 40 years. Those are milestones to proud of and thankful for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love this picture of Dad. As for being 60...I'm up and moving. It's a good year. LOL

      Delete