Saturday, November 29, 2014

Christmas? Did You Say Christmas?

Now that Thanksgiving is over, I can officially start singing Christmas carols. Every year, it seems that the season starts earlier and earlier, mostly pushed by the retail industry. A long time ago, I made a promise to myself that I would NOT sing a single Christmas song until after Thanksgiving. Almost slipped this year, Sirius Radio started their special Christmas stations almost a month ago!

On the stitching front, I finished a cute little snowman. The first picture shows my finish. I really didn't care for the bright colors, so broke out my walnut stain and did a little spray.

The second picture shows it grunged-up a bit. I like the second much better. As we speak, I've got some jingle bells brewing. I threw some bells into a bowl with peroxide, vinegar, and salt to get them to rust. Left it 24 hours, and wow, it worked! I will make some sort of flat fold or door hanger out of Mr. Snowman. Add a few bells, and.....Christmas! LOL

Got up early this morning (surprise, surprise) and have to tried to get a hand on my other craft projects. Finally started again on my pink quilt. I am having a horrible time staying focused on that quilt. I really, really (did I say really?) am not enjoying working with pink. I'm in it for the love, because I certainly wouldn't do this for myself!

Did a run over to a couple of quilt shops yesterday. They were doing a "Black Friday/Small Business Saturday" sale and give-away. One is my very favorite store, lots of civil war reproductions and the VERY nicest women that work there. If you ever get a chance to stop by The Quilter's Cupboard in Atascadero, CA, just do it! I would shop there anyway, but the 20% off made me buy just a "few" extra yards. LOL The other store is okay, carries a lot of batiks, but did find a few general prints that will work on the back. Their prices are better, but the ladies are not as sweet as the other shop. Customer service still counts for me.

No change on the Dad front. We have now hit month 18 on Hospice. Never ending sadness. He had a really bad night last week, choked on his dinner and I was pretty sure that it was time. But, we got his airway clear and the nurse said his lungs are still clear. I know that he is going to die, but I really didn't want it to happen in front of me.

Went to a friend's for turkey on Thursday, so I am cooking our turkey today! I will just be doing mashed potatoes and gravy, a veggie, and maybe a roll, not the whole shebang. We did pick up a cheesecake from Trader Joe's yesterday, so that will be our dessert.

Okay, gang, off to peel my potatoes and get back to that damn pink quilt. Enjoy your weekend and be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment