Saturday, November 1, 2014

Here Comes the Rain...Here Comes the Rain...

Woot, woot! After 190 days of nothing, rain, beautiful rain...I watched the clouds come in yesterday and held my breath. And the rain came. And came a little bit more. By 9 pm last night, we were at half an inch. Three quarters of an inch by this morning at 7 am. I know, lots of places get lots more rain. But when you've been in a drought for over 5 years, it is wonderful!! There is a chance of rain today, but it's not looking that promising. Hoping for more, but happy for what we got. Hey, is that sound of more rain? Yes, yes, yes! Rains hard for a few minutes, then nothing. Rains hard for a few minutes, then nothing...and on and on and on.

Other than that, kind of quiet. DH has had a virus for the past 4 days, so on my own for Dad duty. Makes for a really long day. I'm usually asleep on the couch by 8 pm, so not much stitching. I did have training last week at work, a little bit of stitching on breaks. Not a lot, but have finished a few more words. I will get it done, yes, I will! Still working on my cancer quilt. I wanted to have it done by the end of October. Hmmmm...best laid plans and all.

Ok, need to finish my chores and it's lunch time for Dad. I should have a visitor today, very special, ties in with the painting that I posted about a few months ago. I will post more after their visit, very exciting! Have a great day, be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment