Tuesday, October 31, 2017

A Day Late and a Dollar Short

Howdy from the rancho. 

A day late and a dollar short.  My dad used to say this when someone wasn't keeping up with the program.  We heard it a lot when we were teenagers.  LOL

But really...I'm two days late and I can't even keep track of my dollars.  I have direct deposit and pay bills on-line.  It goes in.  It goes out.  If I get $20 cash for my allowance, I feel pretty darn rich.

I got some weird stitching bug on Saturday.  Just felt like I HAD to do something for October.  You would have thought I would have considered that before October 28th.  LOL

First, I stitched up this tiny pumpkin.  Since I was on a roll, I finished it off with crushed walnuts and a tiny bow.  I felt pretty darn efficient.


Still feeling autumn-ish, so started on a tiny scissor fob.  These are only 2 inches by 2 inches.  I will ladder stitch up the sides, add a cord, and other project finished!


Pay no attention to the fabric in the background.  It has no relationship with my fob.  It was just laying on my work table.  LOL

Still working on my Blackbird Designs.  My house now has a roof.  This is a horrible picture, but you get the idea.  


Practicing on the circulars.  Found this yarn at my favorite shop in Cambria...Ball and Skein and More.  A bit scratchy, but better now that it's being worked.  I picked up six different skeins, only two the same, but all the colors should coordinate when I'm done.  It will be a wide scarf or skinny throw.  LOL.  


Off to finish my night.  Work is okay, still waiting for the other shoe to drop.  I start vacation at 2 pm on Friday.  I cannot even begin to tell you how excited I am.  I really, really, really need to let go of some stress.  Since home isn't going to change, I'm willing to take a vacation.  LOL

I wish all of you a week filled with love and miracles.  Be kind to one another.

11 comments:

  1. Lovely Stitching! You have been busy! I like all the fall colors!
    You worked fast to get that cute little pumpkin pillow made so quickly!!!
    Enjoy your vacation time--I know you've earned it!
    I'm getting tempted to go somewhere for a trip...gotta think about that, and do it before the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pumpkins! And somehow I've managed to collect a lot of pumpkin colored threads. LOL Yes, take a trip...even if it is just a day trip.

      Delete
  2. Both ornaments are adorable! I have not seen french knots done on rick rack and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you had to stitch something for October - and the little pumpkin was just perfect for it. And it's fully finished, congrats. That scissor finder will also look gorgeous.
    Nice progress on your knitting, too.
    I can easily imagine how much you look forward to Friday when your vacation starts. I wish you a stress-free time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am counting the hours until Friday. LOL Both of these patterns were sent by a friend. She loves to collect freebies and wants to share ALL of them with me.

      Delete
  4. Such sweet stitches. One of these days I need to put down by rug hook and pick up a needle.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But your rugs are so beautiful!! LOL And I keep thinking that I should put down the stitching and start rug hooking. LOL

      Delete
  5. Sometimes these little designs are the sweetest, and so good they are free too. I’m glad you got to stitch something to mark the season. I was also glad to hear you have some vacation time coming...you so deserve it, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The countdown has begun...only 10 hours and I'll be back home and on VACATION! LOL

      Delete