Sunday, October 15, 2017

A Peek Into My Week...

Good morning peeps and happy Sunday!  Up nice and early this morning.  I'm on weekend time, but the animals are on their own schedule.  Guess who was up at 5 am to feed the herd?  LOL

Work is still controlled chaos.  Custody hopes to be on regular program by Wednesday.  Hmmmm...It's been three weeks, but no one is really sure if the timeout has worked.  Rumors are that the inmates are not finished. Retirement is looking better and better every day...

My creating area has been a disaster for a really long time (YEARS).  Hubby had a nice cabinet out in the barn that he had offered a while back for storage in the house.  I hemmed and hawed for a bit, so he put boxes of tools in it.  Well, I changed my mind.  He very nicely emptied it out and brought it in the house for me.  I finally got rid of the boxes and stacks of stuff and created a tidy area for me to work.  You will notice that I still need to move all the pictures.  The cabinet looks big, but I've got too much stash.  Ha ha ha...I almost said that with a straight face.  You know that you can never have too much stash  LOL  My fabric is still on the shelf that my son found for me on Freecycle and my yarn is in plastic containers.  At least I can find my cutting board. 


There is now enough room to set up my Featherweight.  It is such a beautiful machine and to be honest, has a better seam that my Viking.  LOL Considering that it was made in 1958, not too bad.  



All that's left on my washcloth is to bind off.  I am on the last couple of feet of yarn, but as you can see, I got carried away with my cast on.  This will definitely be a rectangle, not a square.  LOL  Oh well, it will wash my face the same.


My breast cancer fundraising piece came in the mail this week.  It is a collaboration between Lady Dot Creates and Paula Stewart of Plum Street Samplers.  Lois is a 20 year survivor and does special pieces each year with a different designer.  It is absolutely beautiful.  Pink, grey, and burgundy on grey fabric.  This picture is from Lady Dot Creates FB page:



Lois includes all the finishing information needed, but to be honest, I've done retreats with her the last three years and I think I got this! I have all of the Plum Street Samplers hare pieces, so just had to have this one.  Plus, it's for a great cause...

Okay, off like a herd of turtles.  Didn't do much yesterday, so plenty of chores left for me today. 

Have a wonderful week and be kind to one another.

10 comments:

  1. Hope things slow down in your world so you can take a breath soon. Oh yeah, retirement....yep, it sounds like a great time for that right now! :) Looking forward to seeing all your new projects. Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't plan on doing more than one more year. I feel like that little engine...I think I can, I think I can. LOL

      Every time I turn around, someone posts another beautiful and must have pattern. I guess if I stayed off all social media, I might...Oh, what am I saying? I can't do that. LOL

      Delete
  2. Love your room, it is a beautiful space. That Hare piece looks great. I will have to check out that FB page, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lady Dot Creates does beautiful hand dyed chenille, silk ribbon, velveteen. So many lovely things...but on top of that, Lois is an amazing woman who has fought the good fight. She walks each year in Dallas with the team Twinkle Toes.

      This room was originally a three car garage. When we built our addition, it became the family room. I have been slowly taking over the space. LOL A container here, a skein of yarn there. Every once in a while, hubby looks around with a very concentrated stare, but so far hasn't figured out what is different. LOL

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear that the situation at work is not completely settled. Three weeks already ... I hope it will be better soon. I can easily understand that you think more and more about retirement. Do you still have many years before you can retire?
    Your new sewing area looks very nice and organized. How great that you can put up your sewing machine without having to put it away all the time after sewing. Makes it a lot easier to work on a project.
    Such a nice little addition to your hare charts. I also have several of them but have only stitched two so far.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Brigitte...well, you are two charts ahead of me! LOL Yes, I love having my sewing machine set up all the time. And now that I have a clear working table, it's a nice place to be. LOL

      I am ready for work to go back to normal. I was able to retire at the end of 2015. Then, I stayed to work with my boss until the end of 2016. Now, I am the boss and hope to retire at the end of 2018. At 33 years, I am finally starting to lose my sense of humor with the politics of working. Sigh. Just a bit more.

      Have an amazing day!

      Delete
  4. What a lovely space you have. And a very nice cabinet you have gained! I hope this week thing return to a normal at work for you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That cabinet was way too nice for men tools...it is perfect for your stuff. It looks like it totally belongs there and what a great work space you have.
    Well, 2018 is looming on the horizon, Angela, so hang in there. I hope each week gets better and better.
    What is it about this prim hares that we all love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your room. It's so nice to be organized. Too bad it never lasts...lol.
    I see you're hoping to retire in a year. DO IT!!! I absolutely love it and haven't been bored for even a day.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Thanks for the post. I've been so behind on posting on my blog and everyone else's for that matter. Busy with crafting, reading, etc.

    Your craft area looks better than mine. Lol mine spreads out into the rest of the house ;)

    That sewing machine looks beautiful!! I'm glad to see it still works.

    At least you can knit.....i'm hopeless at it.... (says the person who only tried it once! Lol)

    I hope your work situation gets better. A facility like yours can be scary at the best of times, I can't imagine it during a time of conflict.

    Have a great rest of your week!! Can't wait to see more projects. That bunny design is a cutie.....definitely worth working on :)

    ReplyDelete