Thursday, October 24, 2013

Is Your Glass Half Full?

I have been married to the same man for almost 33 years. In that time, I have realized, that while I am "the glass is half full" kind of person, he is a "the glass is half empty" kind of guy. Nothing is ever simple for him. If the brakes on my car are making a noise, then it can't just be that the pads need to be replaced, it must be that I need new rotors, or even a new suspension! If the fridge is making an odd clicking noise, he is sure that the compressor is going out, not just that someone forgot to set the level wire on the ice maker. I have always wondered how you can go through life always expecting the worse, it seems so tiring. I am well aware that not every day is going to be sunshine and happiness, but I still look forward to each day. What adventure will I have? What new facts will I learn? Today, I learned that butterflies taste with their feet. How can I make a difference? I know that some people will not be happy with my happy, but I'm okay with that...my glass is still half full. And just in case you wanted to know, I have asked him why he always looks for the worse. His answer made me smile. He said that he knows that I will always be looking for the best and that I am usually right. Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment