Wednesday, October 23, 2013

The Time Has Come, But Not For Me

I have worked in the same field for over 29 years. Since I started my career so early in my life, I am at least 2 years from retirement. Next month, someone I have worked with for 25 years will be DONE! I am so excited, but also a little sad. There is really no one left who remembers "the old days". She gets all the jokes, remembers the good times and bad times, and laughs at all the mistakes we have both made over the last quarter century (sounds like a really, really long time when you say it that way!). But I am also very happy. She made it out alive, still healthy, both physically and mentally, and has a new course to run. I finished my gift to her and her other half just last night. I cannot wait to see her face. I expect a few tears, both from her and from me, but they will be good tears. I wish her only the best and look forward to that day when I will have a chance to start a new course. Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment