Thursday, February 19, 2015

I. Was. Wrong.

I am making an admission. I was wrong. I thought that my life was pretty much a mess and couldn't get worse. Well. I. Was. Wrong.

Yesterday, my husband had his shoulder surgery. This is not the first time. He had the other side done about ten years ago. He bounced right back after that one. Was only out of work for thirteen days. This time, the surgery included nerve blocks, manipulation, shaving of the bone, and anchors. The surgery was about an hour and a half long. There will be no bouncing back this time. He will sleep upright in a chair for at least two weeks, must wear a sling for four to six weeks, and is using some weird ice pack machine that runs ice water through ANOTHER sling every thirty minutes. So, between my husband, my dad, and the baby goats, my day was pretty darn busy.

Upside. Because I am ever the optimist. LOL

I took two days off of work. Managed to take a walk while husband was in surgery. Got in a little stitching on my ornament. Did a little sewing on a quilt. And if I play my cards right, I might get Dad's taxes ready to go in today. Here's the update on my ornament:



I did not think that I could be as tired as I was last night. Did my final check on Dad at 9:30 pm, said good night and headed to bed. Husband calling for help at midnight, back up at 4 am to start again with Dad. I started my morning with one extra large cup of coffee and two Excedrine Migranes. Yep. It's gonna be a long day. I have our regular daycare in for Dad at 10:30, so I will be able to make it to town for ice and medicine. I don't think I've checked the mail in a couple of days, either. Hmmmm...maybe I should swing by the post office! LOL

I am off to check on husband and goats. I need to clean out their pen and get some fresh hay from the stack. Have an amazing day and be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment