Saturday, March 28, 2015

Life Goes On...And On...

Life here goes on.  Dad is the same.  Not better, not worse.  He has been rolled over again.  We are now at twenty-two months on Hospice...

DH is not back at work.  He's doing most of the housework since he's not able to help with changing Dad.  I really appreciate it and say thank you every day.  He feeds Dad at dinner, so that give me extra time to get our dinner prepared and on the table.  His other project is getting the yard back into shape.  My dog had a thing for digging little, tiny holes last year and did quite a bit of damage.  DH is patching what he can, seeding what is beyond help.  I don't like using the water, but with the time and money we have invested, just can't see letting it all die.

I have not done one stitch.  Not. A. Single. One.  I promised myself I would stitch this weekend, but so far, not being very successful!  I go to my stitching chair, pick up my stitching, and just flat out lose focus.  I get back up, wander around.  No rhyme or reason.  Just no focus.

On the upside, I walked four out of seven days this past week!  I am sleeping a little better, still tired, but not exhausted.  LOL

I have a few pictures.  I mentioned a while back that I have orchids.  This past year, I sadly neglected them.  Watered them when I remembered, which wasn't very often, never misted them, etc, etc, etc.  They have graciously chosen to not hold a grudge and there are four that have spikes.  I have close-ups of two and a picture of all three together:



I have two that look a lot alike, yellow-green with dark red.  One is more spotted, one striped.  Guess I liked the combination!

Well, peeps, back to the grindstone.  I promised that I would give DH a haircut, so better get going.  Be kind to one another.






3 comments:

  1. Your orchids are lovely! Walking is wonderful for everything that ails us...body and soul...I try to do it every day. Take care.
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My first orchid was given to me by my dad, they hold a special place in my heart. And yes, walking is definitely good for the soul.

      Delete
  2. Your orchids are beautiful! So pretty!
    Life can be so difficult--I hope things will work out for you. Walking is great--I should do more myself!

    ReplyDelete