Saturday, March 14, 2015

Making a Change

I've got a couple pictures for you today.  Here is my favorite coffee cup.  Is it my favorite because it is red?  Nope.  Is it my favorite because it is a Starbuck’s cup?  Nope.  Is it my favorite because it holds sixteen ounces?  Of course!  LOL  I know that I've mentioned that I have a habit of having a little coffee with my creamer, and since I’m trying to be more conscious of calories, I only use this cup on the weekends.  During the week, I only get one tiny, piddly eight ounce cup.  So…if this cup is on the table, it must be my day off.  Happy day!




Peeps, I am hanging my head...Not only have I been a slow stitcher, I have been a non-stitcher.  Now stand up and give me a big woot-woot!  I am breaking out of the Stitching Hall of Shame!  


This little sampler is from Pineberry Lane.  Merry Christmas Hanging Sampler.  I have been stitching on this for over a year.  Yes, that word is year!   I've done stuff in between, punch needle and quilting, but have been sorely lacking on the stitching front.  I am ready to make a change.





In the past couple of days, I've added Santa's arm, finished the sleigh, and started on the Merry.  I am still a slow stitcher, but at least I'm stitching.  LOL

I'm off to get lunch for Dad.  It is beautiful outside, lots of sunshine and singing birds.  I am leaving the windows open, hoping that Dad will enjoy a little bit of the life around him.  My head tells me that he isn't able to process it, but my heart always hopes.

Have a wonderful weekend and be kind to one another.



2 comments:

  1. I love your stitching! Bravo for you! I have been slow stitching recently, too! But I know I'll get back on it soon!
    Spring is beautiful--my favorite time of year! You never know whether your father notices the Spring, but you know that you certainly tried to share--that's what matters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Spring was always my dad's favorite time...he was always planting bulbs, taking care of his fruit trees. I miss that time with him.

    ReplyDelete