Saturday, December 12, 2015

This One's For You....Jocelyn...

Good morning to all my peeps and peepettes out in blogland!

Here's a little background on my title....Jocelyn over at Canadian Needle Nana was reminiscing about Christmas and  trees and ornaments.  I mentioned that my family had an aluminum tree with a color wheel. She hadn't seen a color wheel before...so let's begin our trip down memory lane!

A color wheel.  They can still be purchased...but beware, anything that begins with the word "vintage" usually comes with a high price tag.  LOL


This is exactly how our tree looked.


And if it was set up correctly, this was the final result...


For those with a yearning for the vintage, for the low, low price of $300, this could still be yours! LOL LOL  LOL

My parents had one of the latest Polaroid cameras, the type that the picture popped out of the camera. You would shake the picture and it would develop in your hand.  Unfortunately, the pictures don't last forever. Baby Sis has taken quite a few of them and had them put on photo paper.

Here is one of my favorites.  Me, Baby Sis, and Baby Brother in front of our Christmas tree.  The color has faded, but you can still see the sparkle of the tree.


I look at this picture and realize how little we have changed.  My brother still has the crooked smile, Baby Sis still squints her eyes when she laughs, and my chubby cheeks are still chubby when I smile. LOL

So I leave you with memories of times past, love of family, and the excitement of children at Christmas.  I hope that everyone has an amazing weekend.  Be kind to one another.

12 comments:

  1. Neat post Annette! I had never seen this kind of tree set up.
    Love that picture of you three. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Vickie. This was fun to look up. A good memory.

      Delete
  2. I'm still trying to figure out your tree...aluminum with projected colours so the tree would change colour as the wheel turned. This would be like a Holywood tree, very fancy. I bet it would be pretty at night. Very interesting, Angela. The photo of you three is adorable. You still look like yourself, as they would say at home. Sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Jocelyn. I remember laying on the floor, watching the colors change. It was magic!

      Delete
    2. Hubby says this tree and colour wheel are familiar to him. A friend of his had this kind of tree and he was fascinated with it. His own mom later got a white tree that she decorated with only green ornaments. I have these ornaments now and I'll show you them later. What fun to reminisce!

      Delete
    3. It has been fun!! I can't wait to see the ornaments.

      Delete
  3. Oh I love that tree. I remember seeing one in a friends house back in the 70's. They only put blue ornaments on it and I thought it was awesome. I went home and told everyone that we had to have a tree just that like, Mom, had other ideas. :) Loved seeing the pic of you and your brother and sister, too. Wishing you a most lovely day and Merry Christmas if I don't get to "catch up" with you before then, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Vicki. My mom was not exactly traditional. LOL When I think back, she was always doing decorating stuff that was...different. We lived in an old farm house with high ceilings. She painted the walls white, but all the ceilings were painted very, very dark colors, like deep blue, gold, and green. It was supposed to make the ceilings look lower. This was back in the late 1960's, you didn't see this much. LOL

      Delete
    2. I think your Mom and I would have gotten along just fine together. I might even have asked to have clouds painted in the room with a blue ceiling, a few seagulls and oh yeah...green would have to have a little white picket fence around the edges...maybe even a few flowers...sure it's the ceiling...or is is? :)
      Yeah, I never did get off that imagination train did I? :)

      Merry Christmas to you and yours in case I don't get to touch base with you before them. :)

      Delete
  4. I had never seen this kind or tree before. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, Brigitte! It was all the rage in the 1970's LOL A little like the tree of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the tree! I remember these when I was young--we always had a very traditional real tree, but I thought those silver ones were so glamorous! I remember a family that had one in their bay window and we would ride by and see it!
    How fun!! I haven't thought about that in a while!!!

    ReplyDelete