Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Brrrr...Is It Winter Already?

I will admit that I live in central California. Just how cold does it really get? There is no snow (well, we got an inch about 10 years ago) and I have never, ever been in weather below zero. But, where did this 31 degree weather come from? I was all happy, enjoying the fall days, then, major change. It is dark when I get up, about 4 am, thank you very much. I take the trash to the street. WHAT? I may have still been in my jammies, but brrrrr. Get dressed, kick the doggie out for a pottie break, bring him back in because he is a big baby, and off to work. I have a thermometer in my truck, wonderful device, but it does note the "real" temperature. Hmmm, 31? I could be making ice cubes without my freezer. I get home and take a peek at my cacti. The little tag says the plant can survive in temperatures down to 25. Maybe the sturdy ones, but I doubt that the aloes can make it down that low. So, my plans for the weekend? Well, I will be cleaning out part of my garage to make room for my various cacti, aloes, and other pretties. I sure know how to party! LOL We all do what we have to do, and if I want to enjoy my plants in the summer, I will be putting in some extra time to keep them protected in the winter. Have a great week and be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment