Saturday, November 2, 2013

Where Did The Day Go?

Well, well, well, now where did the day go? I slept in, until 7:30 am, but when you are used to being up at 4, that is a LOT of sleeping in. Did my usual pick up and hide of all the stuff in the house that was left unattended this week, threw a couple of loads of laundry in, worked on a quilt, and then....the dog threw up. I know that doesn't sound like a turning point, but my dog just doesn't get sick. I looked a little closer, his ears were laid back, he wasn't wagging his stubby tail, and he wasn't following me around. He is 95 pounds of love and fun, adores me, and is just an all around sweetie pie. Most people are afraid of rotties, but he is my third and I don't think I would ever have another breed. He is loyal, good with kids, and stops people at the gate. Not that he would do anything, but size alone makes them wary. So, after a quick call to the vet, off to town for a check over. Four hours (and $300) later, still no answer. It's not kidney or liver failure, nothing wrong with his blood, and he doesn't act like something is stuck in his intestines. Now we are in a waiting pattern. I will be feeding him boiled rice and broth for the next few days. I am a bit worried, there is no telling what he could have eaten. As a puppy, he ate EVERYTHING, including the trim on the house! I am hoping that it is just a bug or too much horse manure. (Don't ask, I don't know why it's one of his favorites). So, the day has passed me by, but I get an extra hour tomorrow! Wishing all a great weekend. Be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment