Sunday, August 31, 2014

Ta Da....It is Done!

Worked most of yesterday and late in to the night, but I got it done! Baby Quilt One out of the way, and early, too! Here is a picture of the front. Had thought to do a fence rail, but after I got started, realized that the large strips showcased the animal pattern much better.
Then found some really nice black/white pattern for the back. I had planned on using some of the green patterns from the front, but made the quilt just a little larger than I should...not enough fabric!
And anyway, I love, love, love pieced backs! Then on to the binding.
If you look closely, you will see my signature two-fabric binding. Green with black dots, kiwi with white dots. My favorite way to do binding!

I will start on the next baby quilt today. A little more difficult, this family doesn't want to know if it is a boy or a girl, so I will need to be creative! Maybe a nice pinwheel in prairie colors? I don't really know about using a child print...hard if you're not sure boy...or girl...

In other news, sent some real glass glasses and kitchen towels to my son. I am pretty sure that he moved with only one or two. He kept saying that he would pick up some household stuff after he got settled. I think I paid more to ship the stuff than I did to buy it! Then, JCPenney had a great sale on towels, plus I had a $10 coupon. You know I had to pick up a couple of sets! LOL And for just $8, they do the shipping. I miss him so much, but he's been really good about calling the past couple of weeks.

My dad is starting to go downhill. Our Hospice nurse heard some congestion in his lungs this week. It may be nothing, or may be the beginning of the end. I was very sad the first couple of days after the news, but I know in my heart that he can't last forever...the whole point of Hospice is about coming to the end of life. I need to put my big girl panties on and just take care of stuff. Just the same as I have the past year.

Off to look at my fabric stash, there has to be SOMETHING in that pile that I can use. Watch over your loved ones, be kind to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment