Monday, February 23, 2015

A Wicked Sense of Humor

Life has a wicked sense of humor. Here you are, zooming down the freeway of life, minding your own business. Just trying to be the best wife, mom, and daughter that you can. Suddenly, from one the on-ramps comes this eighteen wheeler, coming at you in your blind spot. You don't see it coming, but you can hear it. You assume that it will merge, without taking out your back bumper. Hmmm....no. Everything comes to a screeching halt. You find out that maybe you should have taken that last off-ramp into the rest stop.

If none of that makes sense, let me explain.

I was minding my own business. Just getting things done. Finally sent the goats home, YAY!! I will now have a little extra time. I choose to take a nap. YAY, again!! Very carefully set the alarm. One hour, that's it. Get up, kinda tired, not feeling myself. Get everyone fed, a few chores done and get into my jammies. Last trip to the bathroom. Why is there blood in my urine? That doesn't seem right. Get on the internet. Check out home remedies for UTIs. How much water would I need to drink to make this go away? Odd, all of the sites insist that once you get to blood, you need to see a doctor. So....out of my jammies and into the truck, head over to the emergency room. I don't think I should wait until morning. It is now 10 pm. I do all the appropriate tests, get sent home with antibiotics at 11:15 pm. Back into my jammies, head to bed. But...then up every hour. Can you say exhausted? Drug myself out of bed at 4 am to start the day. Get everyone settled, off to work. I was not in the best mood and was very happy to leave an hour early to pick up the rest of my prescriptions.

And why do I tell this story? Self-care is important. Should I have seen this coming? Maybe. I haven't been eating right, not getting enough exercise, and on and on and on. If I don't take care of myself, I don't see anyone else stepping up to the plate. Is this life's way of telling me to take an off-ramp? Head over to the rest stop before I burn out? Yes, I think it is.

I can hear life giggling in the background. Make time for you before life pops in and you don't have a choice.

So, I will finish this last quart of water and call it a night. Be kind to one another.

4 comments:

  1. useful information tnx a lot for your post Nice article thanks for sharing that to me.i99bet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was noticing ,your blog is helping too many readers as your articles are easy to understand and helpful to us.
    slotxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very few people become great by being timid and quiet.
    sagame66
    sagame77
    sagame88

    ReplyDelete