Sunday, October 25, 2015

Warm and Cozy Sleep In

Good morning and happy Sunday to my peeps.

Up early this morning to do the potty run with my puppy dog.  But it was nice and cool outside and my blankets so warm, I crawled back into bed to enjoy a few more minutes of quiet time.  George was happy to lay down on his doggie bed and wait a bit for breakfast.  I love my dog, he can be so cooperative when he wants. LOL

I walked in a Making Strides 5K yesterday with two of my friends, one who is a breast cancer survivor.  I have never done one of these walks before, and had a great time.  I was a little sad when I first got there. You can write down the name of who you are walking for and it was very difficult to write down my boss' wife.  She fought so hard for her family.

Here is the starting line...


Me and Gracie.  This is as much of a smile that we could get out of her.

                                              

Do you like my boa?  LOL

And last, here is Gracie and Eva.  Eva is a three year survivor.  Yay!  Eva tried to get me to wear the tutu. Maybe next year.  LOL


At the walk, they announced that 15 teams had raised more than $1000 each.  Wonderful!

So my big plans for today?  Grocery shopping, a stop at RiteAid, and maybe, just maybe(!) I will get in some stitching time.  

Have a wonderful Sunday and be kind to one another.

8 comments:

  1. Good for you and your friends. What a great thing to do. Have a peaceful Sunday evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. The weather is perfect here, low 70's, a tiny wind. I worked for 2 hours clearing out my flowerbeds. I always feel better when I work outside and I can see progress. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, One of your Peepettes here, what a wonderful hopeful and helpful thing to do. Win win. And love your boa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL at the boa. It got warm, so I took the boa off my neck and tied it on my arm. Later, I was washing dishes and noticed a horrible burn around my wrist. Oh my goodness, what did I do? I was so pink, but didn't hurt. Hmmm...after I looked at my burn...it was dye from the boa. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are such great events but they are so emotional! When I see the survivors walk, I get watery eyes every time.
    Isn't it nice when our doggies are patient in the mornings. Abby let me snooze a little longer this weekend too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really hard at first. You can write down on your tag who you were walking for...I got a little tearful as I wrote down my boss's wife...

      Delete
  6. Great that you and your friends made this walk. I have never seen anything like that over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning, Brigitte. I need to exercise and decided a couple of years ago, I should make it count for the community. LOL I try to walk in a couple of events a year, it keeps me honest about walking on the treadmill.

      Delete