Tuesday, August 22, 2017

A Very Warm Welcome To...

Happy Tuesday from the rancho!!

Everyone, put your hands together and give a warm welcome to the COMPLETED Cherry Hollow Farm Sampler by Stacy Nash.  Two and a half long years.  I tried to stay focused (cough), I tried not to work on any other projects (cough, cough), I was comitted (cough, choke, cough)...oh, never mind. LOL I am like a squirrel with a tree full of nuts.  They all seem like the perfect nut for ME! I just hop from one nut to the next.  LOL


This is the first one over two that I stitched and I am very pleased with the result.  So much, I'm doing the same thing with my new project.

This is a Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers design from 2006, Moonlite Garden.  I'm using Weeks 35 count linen, called for threads, but one over two.  So far, I'm liking it.



Moses is in love with my hubby.  LOL  I can be giving him all kinds of belly rubs and ear rubs, but as soon as DH walks in the room, I'm dropped like a flattened squeak toy.  He really has a thing for laps...Moses, not DH. If you look closely, you can see that there is not much difference in size.


And if Moses isn't hanging on DH, he's hanging on Daisy.  They remind me of Pinky and the Brain. She is the brain, always up to something...Moses is the brawn...LOL  Definitely out to take over the world.


I leave you with my Christmas Carol Aloe. I've had it three or four years, but this is the first time that it's bloomed.  I love the red edges.  And if you look carefully, it's having babies!  LOL


Wishing each of you a wonderful week...be kind to each other.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, that Stacy Nash finish is wonderful!!! I just love it. I've met Stacy a couple times and she is just so sweet :)
    Great picture of hubby and Moses!
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love her designs...I must do more!

      I can say that Moses is one of the largest lap dogs we've ever had. LOL

      Delete
  2. I love your finish, Angela, it's a very nice design. And good to hear that you were so committed, lol. I'm exactly like you with the nuts on the tree - I'd love to stitch on all my projects at the same time. So it's nearly impossible for me to stay with one project for a longer time. Unless it's a very small one.
    Your next project is absolutely great, too. That one over two on a higher count fabric is addictive, isn't it? I love the look of it and the very tiny crosses.
    Moses reminds me of my son's and DIL's little dog. He loves belly rubs from anyone but at the moment my DIL enters the room, all the others don't exist any longer, lol.
    Enjoy your blooming Aloe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for admitting you are also a stitching squirrel. LOL I love the muted look of one thread, seems very primitive.

      I am a bit sad that I am not the favorite human, sigh, but I will work through it. LOL

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your finish!! :D
    I just love that picture of Moses and hubby. hahahaha! I am sorry. I know. He is NOT George.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! Thank you. I was so happy to FINALLY finish this project. Now, just to get it framed. I'm sure that I have frame somewhere in my stash. LOL

      Delete
  4. Your finish looks awesome! Awww Moses looks like he's happy....too cute. Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Moses IS happy. He loves my husband and Daisy. I'm okay for a belly rub every now and then. LOL The weird thing is that he goes to bed the same times as me...sleeps on the floor on my side. Very odd. Have a wonderful day!!

      Delete