Monday, November 6, 2017

Happy First Day of Vacation...To ME!

Good morning to all my peeps and peepettes!  And, happy first day of vacation to ME!!  I can already feel the stress starting to go.  Nothing like more than six hours of sleep to help fix my attitude...

I stayed home all weekend.  Spent Saturday doing house chores and taking care of Dad.  My ultimate plan was to have Sunday as a "me" day.  It worked!  I started Sunday with a long sleep in.  That extra hour really helped.  LOL  Between taking care of Dad and napping, I starting digging through my craft area.  I was looking for something, but honestly, I cannot remember what it was.  LOL  I did find a stitched project from 2011.  I decided that it was well-aged and needed to move to the top of the pile for finishing.  Picked out some lovely hand dyed silk and found the perfect fabric in my stash.  Started by ruching the ribbon...Grubby Jack from Lady Dots Creates...


This is one of the most time-intensive finishing techniques I use, but it is so beautiful when it's done...

Picked out some shiny black beads.  A little larger than I usually use, but this pillow turned out a little larger than I planned.  I used only one bead at a time.  This is a butter pat plate that I found at a thrift store in Iowa.  Perfect for holding beads.  LOL


Three hours later (yes, three hours!) finished the last bead and tied off.


I know how we all love close-ups.  LOL



I am very pleased with this finish.  Of course, I woke up this morning with aching hands, but we do what we must for our art.  LOL

Have an amazing day, filled with laughter and miracles.

Be kind to one another.

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful finish!!!
    I hope your vacation is a long one. Catch up on your rest, create and de-stress.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've got three weeks!! I have been working a little on all my projects every day. Today, I finished a shelf runner for my kitchen.

      Delete
  2. WOW that turned out beautiful! I hope you enjoy your vacation time and get lots of "Angela Time" in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Silk ribbon is my favorite to ruche, but I picked up some sheer ribbon today to see how that will work. I am always ready to break the rules. LOL

      Delete
  3. You even sound rested and happy Angela. So day 1 of vacation already working its magic. I didn't know ruching like that could be done...assumed it was bought that way so clever you. It looks perfect for the finishing touch on your little pumpkin pillow. Hope the rest of your holidays is just as productive and fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing what a couple of extra hours of sleep will do for your attitude? LOL I don't know how clever I am...I learned this technique a couple of years ago and had to hit YouTube for a refresher. LOL

      Delete
  4. I agree, you sound so rested already my friend. :D That finish is soooo pretty! Well worth the time and effort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. There is something about a quiet start to your morning that lasts all day. LOL

      Delete
  5. A great way to spend your vacation: sleeping, crafting, relaxing. Sounds heavenly :)

    I love your finish!!!! Definitely worth the pain!

    Have a great rest of your vacation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Yes, sleeping is first. I have so many ideas rattling around in my head. I found a little evergreen tree at the thrift store yesterday...now I need to stitch 10 tiny ornaments. LOL

      Delete
  6. So great how you spent your first vacation days. And finishing this lovely little stitched piece was such an appropriate idea. I love your finishing with the ruched and beaded edge, it looks gorgeous.
    I hope you have had some more of these wonderful vacation days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! It is so nice to start the day slow. LOL Usually I'm up at 4 am, out of the house by 5 am. Doesn't leave a lot of energy in the afternoons! LOL

      Delete