Sunday, November 26, 2017

The Last Day...Of Vacation That Is...

Good morning!  Happy Sunday and happy last day of vacation to ME!  Moto Kitty let me sleep in until 6 am this morning.  He's a fine kitty. LOL

I have had a wonderful vacation this November.  I stayed home a bit, traveled a bit, shopped a bit, but most of all, seemed to have found my happy again.  I worked on projects every single day without any guilt.  LOL  I can honestly say that when the time for retirement is here, I will have no problem transitioning. 

Thanksgiving was very small, only four of us, but it was nice to not worry about running out of food.  We are still eating leftovers, though I did freeze half of a turkey breast for later.

We are one step closer to having solar at the rancho.  We needed a new roof and with the tax rebate available for solar installation, we were able to put everything into one payment.  And...the payment is cheaper than the electric bill that we receive every month.  Go figure.  LOL  The roofers showed up on Wednesday to rip off the old roof.  I was trying to clean for guests on Thanksgiving, but finally gave up on dusting.  LOL  Then, they told us they were working the NEXT day! Hubby reminded them that it was Thanksgiving, but they told him that they have lots of work and need to stay ahead.  He let them know that we had company coming at 4 pm. They said no problem, that's the same time their family was planning dinner.  LOL  They were back early on Friday to finish.  I am in awe of their work ethic.  They were here every day before 7:30 am and worked HARD every single hour.  My house is about 3500 square feet with the garage and back patio awning.  They had it stripped and re-roofed in less than 24 total work hours.  Some days there were two roofers, one day six.  THEY ARE AMAZING!  Oh...and it looks great.  LOL

Now on to the fun stuff. 

Another skein finished on my shawl.  This is a deeper color than the others, but really adds to the flow.


Put my scissor fob together.  A friend showed me how to make a sliding fob.  Here is the front and back. 


Hubby needed a new tool roll for his wrenches.  I had some canvas in my stash.  I am very pleased how this turned out.  He wants three more.  Had to make a run to Walmart for more canvas.  LOL


Finished a tiny pendant.  One over one on 30 count.  I picked up two of these pendants at Michael's. They are about an inch across.  I've started a pumpkin for the other.  I couldn't find a chain that matched the color of metal, but found a long leather cord.  I think it looks fine...very primitive.


I was over at Jocelyn's blog,  canadianneedlenana.blogspot.com  Waving at Jocelyn!  She always finds the best freebies.  This is a cute pin cushion that she posted.  The only change I made was to add lizard litter (AKA crushed walnut shells) at the bottom so it doesn't bounce around.  Super easy and a very nice size.  I've got several more cut out.  LOL


While I was at Big Lots, I found a couple of these adorable owl coffee cups.  The little owls make me smile. 


About two months ago, a new flag showed up on my hanger at the front gate.  Not sure where it came from.  I guess the flag fairy dropped it off.  LOL  Finally, one of my dad's caregivers admited that she put it up.  I thought that was so sweet of her.  Then, this one showed up a few days before Thanksgiving.  Pretty sure she had something to do with this one, too.  LOL  A little bit of kindness to add to the world.  SMILE


Well, peeps, I'm off to start my day.  I did extra yard work yesterday, so today is a free day.  I'm pretty sure I've got enough food, LOL, and won't even need to make a trip to town.  I can hear my projects calling me now...

Enjoy your Sunday.  Be kind to one another.

10 comments:

  1. Good for you going solar. You have such a big home! Your shawl is looking great. A sliding fob is cool. I like your pincushion. I love that you have a flag fairy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We bought in 1985. The house was 800 square feet, 2 BD, 1 Bath. We decided in the late 1990s to build on. Now, I just shake my head. It was a lot faster to clean the little house. LOL

      Yes, my flag fairy is the bestest. LOL

      Delete
  2. I just love your scissor fob. So sweet.
    Sorry your vacation is over, but it sounds like you enjoyed every minute of it.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pretty pleased with myself to get this together. The only problem was that my ladder stitch is NOT THE BEST. And that would be why there are beads around the edge of the fob. LOL

      Delete
  3. You seem to have had a wonderful vacation with everything that made you happy. Ans the best is always to have time for all the things that make you happy.
    The new skein of wool adds new colours to your shawl and let me say - it looks gorgeous. And lovely pendant and scissor fob. Great new pin cushion, too, with a nice colour combination. I love blues and browns together.
    Such a kind little gift that you received. That flag looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a nice vacation. SMILE I really don't have time to work...I have stuff to do! LOL

      I am on the next skein of yarn, more darks with a section of bright teal. I was worried at first, but am very pleased with how the colors are flowing.

      Delete
  4. Hi, I just wrote a very long comment that would not post for some idiotic reason.Anyway, thanks for the wave and I love your pincushion. It is Needles and Pins day so that's nice. I love passing on free pattern links.
    You had such a productive and enjoyable time off from work. You made every minute count and your lovely projects benefited by all the attention. Christmas now to look forward to and hopefully a few more days to put your feet up or do whatever.
    Hope this week is going well for you too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This pincushion was so easy. I think the hardest part was to get the stuffing inside. LOL

      I've been back to work for three days. So far, not impressed. I am not finding enough craft time. LOL

      Have a good week!

      Delete
  5. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Admin Amazing Post Keep UpDate.Thank You.

    Plz Visited Our Website To Get Latest Updates "How To Make Money Pay Per Download Network"


    http://makemoneywithworldbestpayperdownloads.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete