Sunday, December 3, 2017

Back To Real Life

Good morning from the rancho!

Important life lesson...you will not have enough time for projects when you are expected to go to work every day.  LOL  LOL  LOL  I was on a roll....I WAS THE PROJECT QUEEN!  Now, I just try to stay awake past 8 pm. 

It was a long week.  It is so dark at 4 am.  Sigh.  I don't mind being up that early, if it was to work on knitting or something.  Work was okay, but after three weeks off, I realize that it will not be that hard to retire.  LOL

I did get a little time on my projects this week. 

Knitted another skein on my shawl. 


My son and his girlfriend are planning on being here for Christmas Day.  I want her to feel welcome and thought I would do a little something for her.  She is an avid gourmet cook.  And really, really good, too.  When I was visiting, I felt funny dicing vegetables for her...after 30 years in food service, I was worried that my dicing wasn't nice enough!  LOL

So...I made a couple of kitchen towels and trivets for her.  I found the towel material last June.  It is from Moda and sewn on each side.  You use the length you want, hem it, then add fabric or stitching.  I choose some Moda French General fabric.  The trivets are about 9x9, so a nice size to use to protect your counter or table.  I love this red. 


Otherwise, life is the same.  Dad is no better, no worse.  He seems to have lost a bit of weight, but is still eating the same.  We stopped the home health visits.  They aren't really necessary.  At this point, I am well aware how to care for him.  If we see a serious change, we will just call the doctor.  I don't know if we'll ever go back on Hospice.  I just pray that Dad is comfortable during this time.

I am off to start my day.  I did the heavy housework yesterday, so today will be groceries and stitching.  LOL

Wishing each of you a happy Sunday.  Be kind to one another.



15 comments:

  1. Reality sucks, and yes, you will LOVE retirement. I hope it is soon for you (not that I'm wishing you to be old like me...lol!). I have not been bored for even a day and it's been over a year for me. There are not enough hours in my day.
    Prayers that dad is comfortable. You are a wonderful daughter.
    Happy your son will be home for Christmas. It is wonderful when they can come home.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmmm...for someone that claims to be old, you are working on projects like a 25 year old! When my hubby looks around and notices a few "more" supplies, I just tell him that I'm planning for retirement. LOL

      Delete
  2. I am glad your son and his girlfriend will be home for Christmas. Yay! What a nice gift you made her. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so excited. He hasn't been home for Christmas for three or four years. I am even looking forward to putting up the tree! LOL

      Delete
  3. What shawl pattern is that? It looks awesome. The towels and stuff you are making your son's girlfriend are really thoughtful and very pretty. I am sure she will be pleased to know you thought of her, and she will always remember your kindness. I am back at knitting/crocheting again...Mr. Cross Stitch caught a cold, it might be serious...hope he makes it! :) Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello!! It is a simple basket weave. You know I am really just a knit and purl girl. LOL Mr. Cross Stitch caught a cold AGAIN? Such a fickle man. LOL

      Have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  4. I can not wait to retire!!! I have way to many things I want to do besides work
    Love your pieces great color
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to retire in 2016, but stayed for my boss. LOL He convinced me to try for his job. He's probably laughing his behind off right now. And, yes, I have many things to do when I retire. LOL

      Delete
  5. Back to real life after three weeks vacation, oh my, not what you really like. But as you say, it has shown you that boredom is something that you will never get to know once you are retired. A lot of people get horrified when they think of the time when they will retire. I never was and during the four years of my retirement there wasn't a single bored minute. In the contrary - I wouldn't even know when I should do my work as I don't have any free time now, lol.

    Your shawl is so beautiful, I love all the vibrant colours of the yarn. And I love the trivets and towels you made for your son's girlfriend. She will be so pleased.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that I will probably nap for the first couple of months, but then...watch out! I used to ask my dad why he sent me on errands when he was the one retired. LOL I think I know what he meant now when he said he was just too busy. LOL

      The more I knit on this shawl, the more I like it. Smile. Yes, loving the colors.


      Delete
  6. I see your blog daily, it is crispy to study.
    Your blog is very useful for me & i like so much...
    Thanks for sharing the good information!
    ตารางคะแนน

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, I hope you and your family are fine. We have seen a lot about the fires in California on TV and I just hope that you are further away from them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are about 150 miles from the Thomas Fire. It is smokey here with a bit of ash, but we are safe. I am so sad for the people that have lost everything.

      Delete
  8. You sure did enjoy your well deserved break, Angela. Work kind of sucks but you've got to pay the bills, LOL. Yes retirement is wonderful...I can't believe I am almost at year 10 and I've loved every minute.
    You are so sweet to want to please the girlfriend (which your son must love) and what beautiful FG fabric you are using for her gifts. It will be a treat to have them there for the big day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, someone must pay the bills. LOL It's pretty funny, I say that to the dog every morning as I walk out the door. LOL

      I am so happy to have him home, even for just a few days. I am a happy mom.

      Delete