Sunday, December 17, 2017

I Think I Lost a Week...And Fudge...

Good morning from the rancho.  I'm pretty sure that somehow, someway, I have lost a week of time.  I remember getting up for work, many times.  But after that, it's a little fuzzy. LOL  I am so far behind on reading blogs, I'm sure I've been kicked off your reading lists.  LOL

I just can't believe how work cuts into my free time.  I know, I know, it should be a no-brainer, but I am having a horrible time getting back to "normal" after my last vacation.  I seem to have lost what little time management I had.  I'm still working on projects, but oh so slowly.  LOL  I knit two or three rows, then find myself slipping off to sleep.  At least I'm using circulars so the needles are short and less likely to poke me in the eye.  LOL

I am done with the dark yarn, moving back into some of the lights.  I think I have two skeins left...


A dear friend of mine started this needlebook from The Primitive Hare.  She realized after doing three quarters of the stitching, the instructions had been just a bit vague.  She stitched the inside and outside patterns too close on a single piece of linen.  She put it into a bag and refused to touch it again.  LOL  I told her that I would "fix" it for her.  Soooo....I finished stitching the inside pattern, moved the wording to the bottom of the boxes and added fabric at the top and bottom to compensate for the lack of linen.  I think it turned out very well.  It will be off to her house next week.




I was a little hesitant to do the blanket stitch around the outside, not my style...but on the other the hand, not my needlebook!  LOL  

It is once again fudge time!!  I started last night, made six batches.  Salted Caramel, Coconut Chocolate, and Chocolate Mint.  Here is a picture of the finished coconut fudge...


You will notice the pan of salted caramel...with a piece missing.  Hmmm.  I am pretty sure it wasn't me.  LOL  DH was helping last night, by licking and then washing the tools for the next batch.  Guess he decided I didn't leave enough on the spatulas.  I still need to make Peanut Butter, Pumpkin, Peppermint, and Plain Chocolate.  Most of it goes out for gifts, but this year I'll be saving a bit for Baby Boy.  

And how long before he's home?  Two days!  He's in Phoenix, but will be back on the road Monday or Tuesday.  I am very excited to have him home for Christmas...it's been a long, long time.  SMILE

I am off to start my day.  I hope that each of you have an amazing day.  Be kind to one another.

10 comments:

  1. You did an awesome job on fixing your friends needle book. I had no idea we could send you our stuff for fixing, we on the look out for a big ole' box heaping full of, shall we say "misfit" projects....no rush, just when you get a spare moment. Ha, ha. :) What are you knitting? The yarn looks pretty. Wishing you a lovely day sweet friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am feeling pretty brave...send them over! LOL I'm no expert, but I'm enthusiastic. LOL

      When I'm finished, it will be a really big scarf, or a shoulder throw. It could go either way. Just depends how cold you are. LOL

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  2. You did a wonderful thing for your friend Angela! :D Wowza! That is a LOT of fudge!! Good thing you don't keep it all! hahahaha! So glad your son is on his way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is no way that even I could eat all this fudge! Oh, and I made two more pans of plain for the "traditional" people. LOL

      Baby Boy has arrived! I took several days off to spend with him. I felt a little guilty since I was off for three weeks in November, but only for a second. LOL

      Delete
  3. So happy to hear your son will be home for Christmas. We celebrated Christmas with my California (soon to be Nevada ~ YIPPEE) son in November, but hey, it was just great to have him home.
    Salted caramel fudge??? I'd think I died and went to heaven. I love salted caramel anything.
    Hugs :)
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I get older, I realize that celebrating love and family has nothing to do with a calendar. SMILE

      I found the salted caramel chips last year. So yummy!!

      Have a wonderful day!

      Delete
  4. Super work to save that project and I like those motifs. And I also understand the friend who put it away...that's happened to me and I wish there was an Angela to salvage a couple of projects hidden in a tote somewhere.
    Yes, I remember the fudge making from last year. Wonderful and I'm sure greatly enjoyed by all!
    Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really think that I'm getting more willing to think outside the box when it comes to finishing. It only took three years and five classes. LOL

      Have a great day!

      Delete
  5. Oh Angela, it's just fantastic what you did to your friend's stitching. Such a gorgeous needle book. She will be more than thrilled when she gets it back. And yummy fudge that you prepared. Makes my mouth water ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like your new decorative designs! it's beautiful so much and good idea on site.

    ดูหนัง

    ReplyDelete