Saturday, May 23, 2020

I Even Set An Alarm...

Happy Saturday morning!  I was so adamant on getting back to my blog that I set my phone alarm for 8 am on Friday.  It went off right on time...as I was watering my garden.  LOL  I should have known better.  As soon as I finished I needed to drive Mr. Daisy to town.  The three stops turned into six stops and three hours.  Of course I had to take a nap when I got home.  LOL 

But today is a new day and I'm ready for the challenge.  I have a beautiful 2008 Starbucks coffee cup that I usually use for my morning coffee. 


Last week, I found a companion cup and this baby is just perfect for that morning when you are extra happy.  Don't you just love that green?


Sill no stitching.  Sigh.  I get all excited, pull out my pattern, set my q-snaps...and nope.  Just sit and stare at my phone.  I'm a stitching loser.  LOL

I am doing great on the gardening front.  I keep all my veggies in pots since I have dogs that don't understand anything about social distancing.  This is the first time I've grown lettuce.  I harvest the leaves around the edges of the plants.  I've had nine meals so far and the plants are still going strong.


I researched how to plant asparagus.  It was recommended that you plant them in the ground for longest life.  Twenty years.  If you plant them in a container, you may only get ten years of harvest.  I'm almost sixty years old...I went with the container.  LOL


I've got tomatoes and zucchini growing.  No tomatoes yet, but the weatherman is promising 100 degree temperatures next week.  I'll be miserable, but that should help to redden up the tomatoes.  LOL



My roses are done with the first round of blooms, but I'm putting a few on here for your viewing pleasure.




One of my beautiful irises.


I leave you with good thoughts and hope for a happy day.  Be safe.  Each of us have darkness to fight.  Be kind to one another.






3 comments:

  1. 😊I enjoyed seeing a picture of you again! Your roses and iris and gorgeous! Maybe one night soon you will find a pattern to tempt you. How is your stepson?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first iris bloomed yesterday :)
    Your roses are beautiful. I pretty much have a green thumb, but not much luck with roses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My roses are now on their second bloom. The blooms are smaller and the 100 degree temperatures haven't help. LOL

      Delete