Saturday, July 18, 2020

I Do Not Want a Do-Over on Last Week

Good morning from the rancho.  Last week was a blur of naps and more naps.  On Monday, while at the eye doctor with my DH, my walking buddy called to say that she was positive for Covid 19.  Sigh.  I have been so careful...masks, sanitizer, more sanitizer.  But...my walks.  And it really wasn't the walks.  We live on a dirt road so it was easy to be six feet apart.  But she stepped into the house to pick up a mask pattern.  Yep, I was just trying to help.  My name got sent to the health department as a contact so I was on house arrest for seven days.  Any little twinge or ache was a sure sign of Covid.  I decided that rest was best...napping every day, sometimes for up to five hours.  I don't know if those actually count as naps or just daytime sleeps.  LOL  As I wasn't showing any recognized symptoms, our area won't do a test.  I did sign up for one on my own, but it took a week to get the appointment.  I signed DH up for one, too.  He wasn't on her contact list, but he's on mine.  The test is Monday and I won't get a result for up to five days.  Sigh.  More time to garden and stitch, I suppose....

On to gardening...

My geraniums are in full bloom.  So many colors.




I love spider plants and have a baby boom going on this year.  I have variegated, reverse variegated and a plain green.  I keep some outside and have quite a few inside.  They are an underrated plant.  So pretty and don't ask for much.  LOL




Whenever I get ready to start a new yarn project, I like to knit a washcloth.  It helps to improve my muscle memory and tension.  


This is the real project.  It can be used as a wrap or scarf.  Super simple, but that green is gorgeous.  And it's a merino wool and silk blend.  Spectacular!


Today will be a repeat of the last six days...water plants, stitch, sleep.  I may throw in some baking.  We are almost out of oatmeal cranberry cookies.  LOL

Time to get moving.  I'm on my second cup of coffee and the caffeine is starting to kick in.  Take care and be kind to one another.




4 comments:

  1. Oh no. I am so sorry this has happened. I am praying for you that your test will be negative my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm not having any symptoms, but I am so ready to leave the house. LOL But as I was updating my checking account, I realized that when I stay home, I don't spend money. LOL

      Delete
  2. Your geraniums are beautiful!
    Hopefully all is well with your and hubby's health! Sending hugs and good vibes :)
    The test is uncomfortable and my nose felt weird for many hours afterwards. No, I did not suspect anything, but the local health and dentistry office was giving free tests a few weeks ago. As suspected, all was well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad for you!! I never really worried about the virus as I am pretty healthy. But DH is a type-1 diabetic so I was concerned for him. Now with all the new information coming out, it seems that the long term effects are worse than the initial illness!

      Thanks, I love geraniums. So forgiving and low-key. LOl

      Delete