Friday, July 10, 2020

Catching Up With Life...

Good evening from the rancho.  Super busy the past few weeks.  I went up to the Sacramento area to  be with a close friend.  Both of us have been consistently social distancing.  Her husband is battling cancer and things have taken a turn for the worse.  His last chemo just wasn't making any improvement.  Started a new chemo last Friday.  I went up to help the family so they could take a breath and regroup.  I did all the comfort things...baking cookies, making meals and giving hugs.  They have been married for over fifty years.  This is going to be so hard.  Sigh.

Yesterday one of our neighbors brought her husband home on Hospice after a stoke several months ago.  I went down and visited for a few hours in the afternoon...just talking about how Hospice works and how to say goodbye.  She called late last night, so back down to sit and just add some calm. My husband says I'm good at this.  My dad passed almost two years ago and it still hurts.  Another sigh.

Very hot yesterday and today, over 100 degrees.  I'm walking Monday through Friday but almost talked myself out of it this morning.  LOL  Glad I got it done and might even be able to sleep in tomorrow morning.  Working on masks and doing some cross stitching.  Here's last night's update.  I'm loving the autumn colors.


The heat is doing a job on my zucchini but my tomatoes are so happy.  LOL  I've got a single kumquat.  Waiting, waiting, waiting...


Here are some pictures of my banana bread and cookies from a couple of weeks ago.  I need to make more, but must bake before 8 am.  Just too darn hot.  LOL



A new geranium plant I picked up a few months ago.  The flowers are pretty plain but the leaves are gorgeous!


Our county is still showing an increase in Covid-19 cases.  I continue to be careful, wearing a mask while in town and using gallons of hand sanitizer.  The last sanitizer I purchased was from a local distillery.  I smell like a very expensive cocktail after I use it.  LOL  I don't know anyone that has Covid, so I think I'm holding my own. 

I wish each of you a safe and pleasant weekend.  Be kind to one another.




4 comments:

  1. Your sampler is very pretty. I am sorry your friend and neighbor's husbands are suffering so. You are so kind and loving Angela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the encouragement. It is just tough to see others be sad.

      Delete
  2. I continue to be careful and my county now has the mask requirement. I hate it! I don't know of anyone who has contracted COVID, either. A person just doesn't know what to believe.
    Lovely stitching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our state has a mask order, too. I don't really mind...until it gets over 100 degrees. LOL It was so hot last week that I put my mask on the dash of my car after wearing it at the grocery store and it dried in five minutes. LOL

      Delete