Friday, April 23, 2021

Early Morning at the Rancho

Good morning!  Well...it's morning, not sure about good.  LOL  Was awaken at 4:15 am by a rogue alarm.  For some bizarre reason, not-so-DH stored an old, broken phone in the bedroom.  I cannot understand how my cell phone will barely hold a charge for one day, but this phone, which has not been used for a year, still has plenty of battery to sound an alarm.  Just poo...

I received my second dose of Covid vaccine yesterday.  Yay and more yay!  No bad reaction, just a sore arm.  I have a headache but I'm pretty sure that's related to the first paragraph.  LOL  I still have two weeks to go before being fully protected, but I'm feeling better about life.  I will continue to wear a mask and keep sanitizer in the car, but this is a definite step forward.  I can see a trip in my future.  Smile.

I've been stitching right along this week as well as a few finishes for my friend.  

Let's start with the finishes.  This was a small piece that she did several years ago that was designed to be a pin cushion.  It was too small for my taste, so...now it's a hangy thing.  LOL


A memorial drum with heart.  It has her and her husband's initials.  


This piece was designed as a needle roll.  Found these odd-sized spools at a craft store.  Perfect for this project.  It rolls around the spool and ties with the ribbon.




Lizzie Kate Spring Bag.

A Shepard's Bush kit.  They always design such sweet patterns.  Ruched ribbon with beads is fiddly, but so pretty.


Just in case you thought that I didn't stitch...LOL

Stacy Nash Spring Flowers Pinkeep.  Used the little spool with some torn fabric for a "pretty".  And saw some carrots made like this over at rugsandpugs.blogspot.com.  Thanks to Lauren for the idea.  Smile.  Orange didn't match my piece...so here are some white carrots.  LOL 


Scattered Seeds Sampler.  This was designed as a pinkeep.  Nope.  LOL  Finished as a drum.  I love the shape of this heart and used it on my friend's memorial drum.  


My garden is in full bloom.  The weather was warm last week and there is a rumor of rain for this weekend.  Hmmm. We'll see.  LOL 

Roses and more roses.  That last pink rose really is that bright neon color.  Love!!





I call these my "raisins in waiting".  LOL  


This is a new-to-me iris.  Lovely colors.


Star Jasmine.  I found two plants a few years ago at the grocery store.  LOL  They have done much better than the "special nursery" plants that I used to have in these planters.


Meyer's Lemon.  I am so excited about my new citrus orchard...all four trees.  LOL  I'm keeping them in large pots since we freeze every winter and they need to be mobile.


I've finished my second coffee and it's almost time for my morning walk.  I wasn't sure how I would feel today so I did most of my chores yesterday.  That gives me a quiet day. Smile.  I wish each of you a wonderful day and special weekend.  Be safe.  Be kind to one another.





10 comments:

  1. Good for you getting your second shot! Pretty soon I get mine. I will continue to wear a mask when I am out and about. The COVID numbers are up too high.
    Such wonderful, varied finishes you have!
    I love that brown iris. I had several brown ones in my chocolate garden at our home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Sometimes I'm not really sure what my style really is. LOL I picked up this brown one up in Roseville. I'm feeling pretty lucky that they bloomed this year!! We have an iris farm one town over, but they won't open for another week or so...I really should just stay away. LOL

      Delete
  2. Where do I begin?
    All your finishes are so sweet as always, along with the items you stitched and finished. I am jealous of your finishing ability...and the fact that you actually FINISH things.
    I can't take credit for the bead carrots. They were a gift. Yours came out just perfect.
    Your flowers. So pretty!!! LOVE your new iris.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh...I'm giving you credit anyway. LOL I had never seen these before and were easier to make than I thought. I had looked around for orange paint and then realized I don't have anything orange in my house. LOL I am loving my irises this year. Water helped. LOL

      Delete
  3. Hi Angela! I was sent here by Lauren's blog! lol! And, I'm going to thank her for sharing... flowers, cross stitch and furry friends... your blog is a happy place! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love to share my stuff, but most of my friends don't get stitching. LOL Since I've retired I'm definitely a better gardener. Water and love helps most plants. LOL

      Delete
  4. I, too, was sent by Lauren. What beautiful finishing you do. Especially love the drums. Have yet to get the courage to try one yet. And the little hearts make such a sweet addition. Your flowers are gorgeous. Looks as though you might live in my zone, as those are what we have blooming. Enjoy the remainder of your weekend...and nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Drums can be fiddly, but such a good feeling when they are finished. I requested a compass for my birthday last year and made some permanent patterns to help with finishing. Much easier. Do I have fails? Absolutely. LOL I took apart and put back together one of my last drums THREE times. Why? Operator error I'm sure. LOL I live in central California, about 30 miles from the coast. I think I'm in zone 9...the farthest east I've been is Chicago and down to Key West. My son is in Iowa and I love their gardens. Lots of drooling. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shout out to Lauren (Rugs and Pugs) for introducing me to your blog--we have just similar tastes in designers and gardening. Looking forward to following you and learning more

    ReplyDelete